Hey!

Clio2.0

Hey guys, I'm a mate of Clio1.6 from this forum (I've met a few guys from here a few times before... Bluestreak, Moosey, Dom, CLIOSP I think?)

Used to have a Black Fiesta Zetec. Just bought a Flame Red 2001 RSC 172. 32k km when I got it. Awesome car! Exceeded my expectations in every way. :mrgreen:

Hey guys, I'm a mate of Clio1.6 from this forum (I've met a few guys from here a few times before... Bluestreak, Moosey, Dom, CLIOSP I think?)

Used to have a Black Fiesta Zetec. Just bought a Flame Red 2001 RSC 172. 32k km when I got it. Awesome car! Exceeded my expectations in every way. :mrgreen:

Welcome mate, are you the guy that was with Clio1.6 at the very short inner west drive that night?

Welcome mate, are you the guy that was with Clio1.6 at the very short inner west drive that night?

Yeah thats him, whens the next drive day? Im returning tomorrow, right now at narita airport 11 hour lay over :roll:

Yeah thats him, whens the next drive day? Im returning tomorrow, right now at narita airport 11 hour lay over :roll:

We just had a drive day, so the next one will be when someone organises it :)

Did you pack your bag full of JDM goodies then?

We just had a drive day, so the next one will be when someone organises it :)

Did you pack your bag full of JDM goodies then?

Unfortunatley no! My luggage was 40ishkgs thanks to a few pairs of skis but luckly no overweight charge! ha!

Hey Mate,

Welcome aboard :mrgreen:

Guess Josh can't kepp argueing that he always out does you in the 1.6 anymore :lol::lol:

p.s did u buy wade's car?

Cheers,

Brendan

Nah, wade's is an 04 or something? Mine's an 01. So I miss out on ESP... not that it bothers me.

The Fiesta Zetec vs Clio 1.6 debate was never really settled... I guess we'll never know which would win now :P

Hey Mate,

Guess Josh can't kepp argueing that he always out does you in the 1.6 anymore :lol::lol:

Cheers,

Brendan

Nah, wade's is an 04 or something? Mine's an 01. So I miss out on ESP... not that it bothers me.

The Fiesta Zetec vs Clio 1.6 debate was never really settled... I guess we'll never know which would win now :P

Its easy, whenever he brings it up call him soft for owning the 1.6 when you have the RS 2.0 :lol:

Hey Mate,

Cheers,

Brendan

I stilll reckon the Fez would PIP Clio 1.6 Easily. I'm biased though, I used to own a gorgeous red Zetec 1.6.

Welcome Clio2.0 to OzRS, Another Fez to Clio Convert to join Teki and Me :wink:

Hey Mate,

Cheers,

Brendan

I stilll reckon the Fez would PIP Clio 1.6 Easily. I'm biased though, I used to own a gorgeous red Zetec 1.6.

Bias aside neither car would win easy, but I would tip the hat to the clio, most people talk crap about the 1.6 Clio until they get in actually drive one. They are a fun car to drive.

Hey Mate,

Cheers,

Brendan

Bias aside neither car would win easy, but I would tip the hat to the clio, most people talk crap about the 1.6 Clio until they get in actually drive one. They are a fun car to drive.

I have owned a Fiesta Zetec, and driven a Clio 1.6 for 4 days.

I'd go the Fiesta every time.

It's unfortunate that Ford got the Fiesta base range so good, and mucked up the Fiesta ST (XR4)

Hey Mate,

Cheers,

Brendan

I have owned a Fiesta Zetec, and driven a Clio 1.6 for 4 days.

I'd go the Fiesta every time.

It's unfortunate that Ford got the Fiesta base range so good, and mucked up the Fiesta ST (XR4)

I own a Renault Clio 1.6 and used to regulary twice a week drive a zetec

I'd take the Clio.

haha.

I'll be honest; I'd take a Barina SRi 1.8L! I almost got one before the Fiesta, but had to wait 4 months for the new model (update) and wasn't able to test drive it!

Spent 1 hour driving one last night, and boy do they ROCK! $13,100 with 55,000kms - Bang for your Buck!

Thanks for the welcomes guys.

Re - Fiesta Zetec vs Clio 1.6

In a straight line, the Clio is definitley faster. It may have only 5kW more power, but they weigh almost the same (1038kg Fiesta, 1040kg Clio) and it actually translates into a rather decent power/weight advantage... plus it arrives lower (79kW @ 5750rpm and 148Nm @ 3750rpm vs 74kW @ 6000rpm and 146Nm @ 4000rpm). We've been next to each other 40km/h in 2nd and planted it, and the Clio was slowly pulling away.

However, as a car, the Fiesta is better IMO. Its got alot more room, the gearbox is better, the steering is better (then the 1.6's, not the RSC's) and it handles better (but its a yacht compared to the RSC hehe).

Teki, I reckon you did good not getting the Barina and getting the Fiesta instead. The Barina's are poorly made crap, they don't handle very well and they're alot less safe.

Im preety sure the Barina is an excellent car, its the same build quality as an Astra and the Barina Sri was loved by motor mag as being great bang for ur buck. I know some1 who has had one since new and has done 250k in it and has not missed a beat.

Im preety sure the Barina is an excellent car, its the same build quality as an Astra and the Barina Sri was loved by motor mag as being great bang for ur buck. I know some1 who has had one since new and has done 250k in it and has not missed a beat.

I'd have to agree with you there! The one I sampled had Nankang front tyres and with 55,000kms, was feeling rather rattle-free... cornered superbly too (was the older model on 15 inch rims too - the Fiesta I had ran on 16s!)

They also achieved 4 star safety rating, had traction control (non-switchable) and 4 wheel diskbrakes with ABS. I consider that pretty high safety (considering the Fiesta had rear drums and no traction - although it didn't really need it!)

Looking back maybe I should have waited - but then I'd never have the Clio :wink:

Good work with the switch into the RSC - I'm sure you won't regret it.

Oh, and that's just it Clio2.0, the Clio1.6 might be quicker in a straight line, but it's in the corners where it counts (just like the RSC!) :wink:

Also, I found the Fiesta engine a little more free-revving then the 1.6L Clio.

I'd have to agree with you there! The one I sampled had Nankang front tyres and with 55,000kms, was feeling rather rattle-free... cornered superbly too (was the older model on 15 inch rims too - the Fiesta I had ran on 16s!)

They also achieved 4 star safety rating, had traction control (non-switchable) and 4 wheel diskbrakes with ABS. I consider that pretty high safety (considering the Fiesta had rear drums and no traction - although it didn't really need it!)

Looking back maybe I should have waited - but then I'd never have the Clio :wink:

Good work with the switch into the RSC - I'm sure you won't regret it.

Oh, and that's just it Clio2.0, the Clio1.6 might be quicker in a straight line, but it's in the corners where it counts (just like the RSC!) :wink:

Also, I found the Fiesta engine a little more free-revving then the 1.6L Clio.

I dunno about the Barina's, haven't had a good experience with Holden's rebadged Opel's myself.

Not wrong about loving the swap to RSC. The car is just awesome! Don't regret it one bit.

Welcome mate!!

I remember u from the KK run... i was in a white Astra with my mate Stew who had a VL @ the time...

Good to see you've joined the club!

Enjoy!