Who's who ?

emu

Hi guys

An in depth academic questionne.........

How do you identify one as a Junior ,Regular,Veteran,or whatever?

I see members classed as Veterans who are relatively new chums and me as a Regulier been around for zonks

Not that i really give a rat's, just academicooly curiose

Cheers Pete

Its goes by how many posts you have made….correct me if I'm wrong guys, 0 - 20 = novice, 20 -100 = junior 100- 1000 regular 1000+ Vétéran . You have made 360, a regular. I'm still a junior as I've only made 77.

If you're a post whore like Brenden you can become a Vétéran in 6 months... :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Cheers,

Chris.

Thanks Clio

As long as it's not age discriminatory

With me being a 1940 model, I thought I may have to surrvive to 2099 to qualify, ....now I only have to carry around a laptop with a beeper for 12 months, posting, posting,.............

Strange..........hope it really doesn't encourage poor quality post prostitutes, it's essentially a great site

Strange..........hope it really doesn't encourage poor quality post prostitutes, it's essentially a great site

Some forums disable the visable post count for that very reason. I know when it was turned off on a forum I'm a mod on the more dubious posters quietened down a bit.

ah well, i'm used to it :cry:

but notice that every forum has its post whore (me :mrgreen: ), a technical guru (dunno who that is on here, probably bio or paul v), some stuck up pricks(dunno who that is either :mrgreen: ), and u have your normal users :lol: (Tom :lol: ) .................u see, i like to distinguish myself from the normal users category :lol::lol:........oh, and there are also drifters :mrgreen: (such as Chris- Clio to Ryde :lol::mrgreen: )

Theres nothing wrong with postcounts, this site isn't too bad in the way of post whoring. Apart from Brendan anyway 8)

yeah I think there is a great balance at the moment... a lot of useful information and also people just chatting - all in good balance though.

Hey, Clio to Ryde, your'e a bit out of it there

Mates like kOOk, wade, murcod etc ,are nowhere near 1000 posts ,but they're oldtimers veterinarys, so throw that one out the window

Who gives a monkeys anyhow i suppose, but is there an academic answer anyone?

Hey, Clio to Ryde, your'e a bit out of it there

Mates like kOOk, wade, murcod etc ,are nowhere near 1000 posts ,but they're oldtimers veterinarys, so throw that one out the window

Who gives a monkeys anyhow i suppose, but is there an academic answer anyone?

This is the minimum postcount per status

Administrateur -

Modérateur -

Internaute novice - 1

Junior - 20

Régulier - 100

Vétéran - 500

cheers :D

And on Brendan's behalf, note my postcount... :roll:

I've never really understood the obsession some people have with their post count... it's not like it has any bearing on how good anyone's posts are! I'm a member of another forum that is constantly flooded with bullsh*t, by it's own members, because they just *have* to get their post counts up for some reason. I like that system that has two little links and a number next to everyone's name on their post... you can click to say their post is sh*t, and you can click to say their post is good. The number next to their name (like on ours, where it says 'regulier, veteran' etc) is an indication of how many times people have clicked 'good' or 'bad' about your posts. I guess it doesnt matter what system is there really... people will abuse it... so in the end, I think it's best just to ignore it lol :)

I've never really understood the obsession some people have with their post count... it's not like it has any bearing on how good anyone's posts are! I'm a member of another forum that is constantly flooded with bullsh*t, by it's own members, because they just *have* to get their post counts up for some reason. I like that system that has two little links and a number next to everyone's name on their post... you can click to say their post is sh*t, and you can click to say their post is good. The number next to their name (like on ours, where it says 'regulier, veteran' etc) is an indication of how many times people have clicked 'good' or 'bad' about your posts. I guess it doesnt matter what system is there really... people will abuse it... so in the end, I think it's best just to ignore it lol :)

Good one. :lol:

Agreed on the abuse part on either system. Its sorts itself in the end.

For whatever reason, it seems some of us have a lot of spare time to spend online, and are also pretty excited about our cars.

For others, it is a little frustrating to have to trawl through hundreds of meaningless posts with the limited time we may have to spend online.

Next time you post, please pause for a minute and ask yourself if people are going to want to read what you have to say. Certainly I think social chat is fine, the forum would be boring without it, but if you are on your 10th 'chat' post in a day (or even in a week) perhaps you could hold off and lighten the load on the rest of us a bit.

Only that I am bored and have time at work.

I took the top posts where the number of posts was greater then 500. I then (obviously) worked out how many days the said user has been a member of this board.

It doesn't take into consideration that someone many have been overseas for a period of time (Brendan :mrgreen: ) but here is the top 10 posters on a number of posts per day count.

Brendans225 = 5.14

The jeffster = 4.42

Teki04 = 4.35

Walkie86 = 3.49

ClioF1 = 3.41

biologist = 3.12

RSC172 = 2.77

e.sport = 2.73

e = 2.24

murcod = 2.19

crikey, 5.14 is good now that i have settled down a bit..................think my initial post count was like 12-13 a day :shock: ........................ :lol: .................and no!, just in case some of you are wondering, i am not obsessed with post counts, i post cos i can and it would be rather boring if nothing was said :mrgreen:..............plus i like to talk alot too :lol:

p.s i ain;t that bad...............you should see people on the Uk forum..............now that is some serious posting :mrgreen:

crikey, 5.14 is good now that i have settled down a bit..................think my initial post count was like 12-13 a day :shock: ........................ :lol: .................and no!, just in case some of you are wondering, i am not obsessed with post counts, i post cos i can and it would be rather boring if nothing was said :mrgreen:..............plus i like to talk alot too :lol:

p.s i ain;t that bad...............you should see people on the Uk forum..............now that is some serious posting :mrgreen:

to lose your position, you have to NOT post for 48 days :) (and Jeff not to post either :) )

I don't believe anything I read in the bible :P

Very good Deb,

I had no idea it was a biblical quote until I looked, its still a cool quote though.

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you".

Author: Bible Matthew (ch. VII, v. 6)

• 1 month later...

I am chained to my desk and online 24/7 os it's natural for me to post, however i have to close the window as I do find I get "distracted" easily.

Ask Teki ow hard I work I am here now waiting for dinner and working on a presentation I could be here til 11 if i wanted to :(