Another Silver Adelaide Clio Sport....

lost_horizon

Hey guys, name's Rob, bought my Clio from Satan's A-hole (Stillwell Premium) in March, 2002, 172, 58K, $19,050, all stock. Seen a few other Clio Sports around, most notably a tidy silver 182 at Henley Beach.

Loved the car first drive, couldn't resist, only problem is no-one knows what it is!!! Girls love it tho for interior and cuteness!! I love driving on Pt Elliot scenic route or smashing bogan's in commodores on main south road (I actually live near Glenelg).

Had some issues to deal with the car and some still need dealing with, I would really like to find the previous owner to see if the car had these faults to begin with, then it would be the dealers problem. Anyway, after first major service by MNR, had bent left rear wheel (might have been me), broken rear gearbox mount and busted right rear shock absorber. Also, the car had right thumb grip peeling badly and strange hole in drivers carpet (lady driver with heels maybe??) but i'll fix meself.

I'll wave if I see any of you and hope to catch up ( and get a t-shirt after christmas!!)

Ribrob

welcome mate!

good to see some more SA representation!

good luck with all the fixing

cheers,

Alex

Hi Rob...I was prob eyeing off your car there for a while at Stillwell. That's 2 Robs now with RSC's bought from Stillwell. Maybe yours is another ex Vic police vehicle as was the other Robs. I was told this from two other sources. Or...was it the one from Apollo Bay in Vic?

Anyways - the issues all sound typical and whence sorted should not bother you again.

Yep - come out next time we meet up. Pretty casual..we typically get together and exchange knowledge and go for a run in the Adel Hills as a group.

Any questions just post on the site or private mail me etc.

Cheers,

mase

P.S is it me or have others noticed that the SA membership has grown quite a bit recently? :lol:

You're right. Me two months ago and at least two others since then. Once Emu gets one we should be able to easily crack ten RSC's at a meeting! DanSA met a RSC F1 Cup owner after our last outing, so hopefully she will join up too?

It would be good to get some RS MEGANES at our next meet- surely there are some Adelaide owners on the forum?

G'day Rob.

I'm a 'new' owner too, and have enjoyed one outing through the hills with the boys (a fairly sedate one!!)

Make sure you come along. It's quite a sight to see a convoy of RSCs snaking through Chain of Ponds! :)

Oh, and yes Brendan, there were a couple of others who joined around the time I did (a few weeks ago).

Not bad really seeing as though we're not a big population in Adelaide!

I've seen a at least a few RSCs around who are not members too. Funny how you see them everywhere when you buy one :)

Maybe yours is another ex Vic police vehicle as was the other Robs. I was told this from two other sources.

Ex-cop car :shock:

What the? as in active police car or just for admin?

Undercover cars, when I bought mine there was another being prepped for the Police to use

in undercover work. Someone in the Police force knows thier sleeper cars... :D

Maybe yours is another ex Vic police vehicle as was the other Robs. I was told this from two other sources.

Ex-cop car :shock:

What the? as in active police car or just for admin?

Undercover cars, when I bought mine there was another being prepped for the Police to use

in undercover work. Someone in the Police force knows thier sleeper cars... :D

Like in the 60s NSW police at Holbrook used to have nondescript grey Mini Cooper S's, gave a few people a shock and a lot a fine. Didn't know Vics had Clios though.

Chain of Ponds and Main South Rd bring back memories, used to work at Port Stanvac (now in mothballs). To say nothing of Collingrove of more recent memory. Adelaide is still the best city in Oz!

Yes I was told they were undercover cars with some sting from Vic but who knows re other states. Yes Adelaide is a good city for RSC driving. Chain of Ponds is 15 min away, then through the back rds to Mt Lofty and home. A nice round trip from the Nth Eastern suburbs.

Yes, mine is the one from Apollo bay, very patchy service history, hope to see all you fella's out soon. I live near glenelg, everything is fixed, cept for the thumbgrip and the shock, but I'm thinking of getting some coil-overs for me birthday and getting a refund on the stupid Stillwell dealer warranty. Ex cop car eh? even cooler story to go with my frog sex machine!!!! Happy driving!!

Must nearly be time then... to catch up again with the guys for a drive, coffee and chat one Sat..or Sunday? What do you think lost horizon? When Qubic got his we went out for a little run as a small group, maybe it's time again? You can't tell I like to go out on a weekend morning can you? :) Rob has a post in the Social pages perhaps we could fire that up? Or just go for a short couple of hr thing? No pressure.

Mase

No one is ever really very far from anyone else...the Adelaide thing. If they live in the hills that's even better :) If we get another tickle here I'll put up a post in the social pages. We could split the group next time. Nutter's and Nanna's. I'll go in the Nanna's group :)

Next Weekend or so would be good for me, today is too short a notice eh fella's? Also, some crazy bitch in burnside reversed into me on thursday night in the undeground park and now i got two 3 inch long superficial scratches and 1 cm long deep scratch on passenger front bumper, you guys recommend anyone for touch up work? I was thinking like colourmatch or MNR or whatever. Happy driving!!!

Hi there...yeah I'm up for a meet and greet next weekend. How about Sat am at anout 830 / 900am. If you are up for it I will post in the social pages and see if we can't get a few more along.

Pisser re the bingle. Some one did it to my wifes Renault Laguna a while back (Met Silver). She went straight to a local small workshop guy (she just drove till she found one). He fixed the scratches up and painted for $200 and also gave me a little jar of the paint he used. He said colour matching would be easy and he certainly proved it. Good work...but he'll be a way away from you.

What do you rekon? Up for a meet some guys, chat and drive?

Mase

Haha welcome to the site mate...lol driving along pt elliot or smashing bogans in commodores on main south road...lol i pissed myself laughing...

There were 2 cliosports in brisbane undercover with concealed flashing lights, never saw them but i always heard about them.

Hi Rob,here's a belated big welcome to the group,.........I havent looked at this column 4 awhile

I'm in Glenelg also, temporarily without a Cup,...........currently running around in a mint old VNSS,........... which I traded on my VZSS,..............which I bought in impatience waiting 4 a Cup,......... the saga is bloody boring........................

It's been great to see a rise in numbers over the past few months,............I don't think many of us have got together since Mallala in November

Must organise a drive or summink...................

Cheers Pete