“Baguette” my newly acquired Monaco Blue 172

Easty86

Hi all,

Picked up my 172 yesterday. It’s going to be used for weekend drives and track days so I’m on the lookout for any go faster bits anyone has. 
She’s a bit rough round the edges but it’s not going to be a show car by any means.
Love the car already and can’t wait to get it sorted so I can hit the track!

Thanks for having me!

173A09FB-1382-4397-9BDB-924AD2CFFFEE.jpeg

B46AD5F6-5BEA-445F-9BA9-DADB820D49BD.jpeg

• Like 8

Welcome! Love a Monaco 😁

Tunung options are pretty old school and pretty limited but there are people far more qualified than me to help you if you really want to push it. But I will say that  the stock car has a great reputation for a reason, so I’m sure you’ll have a lot of fun either way - incremental improvements to suit you, or a full on, turbo build.. it is literally all good!

Welcome!

A good service, upgraded brakes (simply discs, pads, lines and fluid), decent tyres and some weight reduction are all you need!

Enjoy

• Like 2

I’m definitely of the opinion lose weight and make it handle as opposed to chasing BHP. I’ve had plenty of GTI6’s and S16’s that are a lot of fun built on that philosophy. I’ll be doing the same with my Clio, love the little thing! 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Easty86 said:

I’m definitely of the opinion lose weight and make it handle as opposed to chasing BHP. 

The Porsche philosophy !!!