Hello, new 250 owner in the sunshine state

andywk

Hi folks, thought I'd better drop an intro post in here.

Been on the hunt for something intthe Megane III family for a while, and finally grabbed a 2010 RS250 Cup Trophee last week. 

Love the thing so far, and still getting used to a car that actually stops and goes round corners properly (coming from heavy old V8 powered RWD stuff that goes fast in a straight line and... that's it). 

Looks like I'll be doing some parts hunting shortly (dogbone mount, a/c compressor) but I got it for a decent price and the driveline seems sound (touch wood).  Anyway, this is a great resource and I'm sure I'll be searching through the archives over the coming months to figure things out.

Cheers

Andrew.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Welcome Andrew. There is certainly a lot of knowledge on here to help you enjoy your meg. You may need another support group though as there is lots of encouragement to buy more Renault’s or any other sporting car. 😀

On 03/12/2020 at 8:07 PM, chuckovski said:

Welcome!!

Pics?

Thanks, and yes, good point, pics...  Just the one pretty ordinary pic from the Willowbank carpark at the moment. 

I am really hoping to find a couple of consecutive days spare so I can give it a full detail, paint correction and ceramic coat - I nearly didn't look at this car because the capsicum red colour looked quite dull in the seller's photos.  It really pops in person though, and should look a million bucks once I'm done (and more pics to follow) - The paint is very good overall but the 10 years of swirls are really obvious in the sunlight.

And yep, the run back up through Mt Glorious and then Nebo really proved what a great package these cars are.  Cheers!

meganewillowbank.jpg

• Like 3

BTW, on the topic of A/C, does anyone know if the 'Nissens' branded compressors are any good?  The (cheap) unit currently on the car was only installed in 2017 but is fairly knackered already.  Have a quote at ~$1100 for a known 'good' replacement so far, but could get the Nissens unit for around $600 off eBay.  

(I don't want to save $500 now only to have to pay to get it all replaced again in a couple of years if that makes sense.)

Edited by andywk

Welcome! Is that the 250 Cup Trophee that was on carsales recently? If so, it's the perfect spec! Love them and Capsicum Red and they're rare too. Enjoy!

@OzJustin and @walkie86 yep, this one (and the white one with a laundry list of modifications which is probably still unsold) were the two Trophees that had been up on CarSales for a while.  Seller didn't realise I'd sent him a message through the Carsales interface and took nearly 2 weeks to respond, by which stage I'd gone a bit cold on it, but figured I should take it for a spin.

Very glad I did, A/C compressor noise and all :) 

(Even if I really wanted the silver, the red has grown on me, and spec>colour in these AFAIC.) 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, andywk said:

@OzJustin and @walkie86 yep, this one (and the white one with a laundry list of modifications which is probably still unsold) were the two Trophees that had been up on CarSales for a while.  Seller didn't realise I'd sent him a message through the Carsales interface and took nearly 2 weeks to respond, by which stage I'd gone a bit cold on it, but figured I should take it for a spin.

Very glad I did, A/C compressor noise and all :) 

(Even if I really wanted the silver, the red has grown on me, and spec>colour in these AFAIC.) 

If I end up with a silver one I'll swap you for the red. :P