Neg 250 or Clio 220

mrdonni

I currently own a Megane 250, it's a great car and totally surprised me as I have traditionally only owned Jap cars. An opportunity has presented itself for later model 220 Clio, I've never driven 1 before and would appreciate anyones thoughts that has owned both/driven both 

Whenever I find myself in stop start traffic the dual clutch transmission seems a lot more appealing, and thought of a newer car (though lacking recaros) is gravitating.

They are very different cars, as you're probably aware. I think anything from a Meg III will be a disappointment. But for what it is, the Clio IV is pretty bloody good. I know what you mean about Auto in traffic, but don't forget it's a dual clutch, so you still need to treat it like an auto. You'll miss the connection to the road and the LSD that's for sure.

• Like 3

+1 for stay in the Meg.

I've got the 265 and the clio iv 220 and while it's occasionally handy when feeling like mindless driving, Chuck is right in you still have to drive it thinking like you're in a manual.
No creeping like in a torque converter auto, particularly on hills.
I get more anxious in traffic in the iv now than in the Meg as I'm smoother and in more direct control in the Meg with the clutch in stop/start.

And quality wise, I still find the meg a nicer place to be in.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I agree with the above, I have a 250 trophee and mk4 clio.

I like the clio for a quick lap around the block but find the interior feel cheap and my clio 4 seems to suffer from wind noise on the hi-way ( dont know if that is common or its just my one )

The 4 is still a good car but not as good as the meg imo.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, havingfun said:

my clio 4 seems to suffer from wind noise on the hi-way ( dont know if that is common or its just my one )

It is, and there is an easy fix

I don't eat much cabbage, maybe its the bakebeans ... 

The clio is actually the wifes car... so i will stick to meg3.

Deet said "It is, and there is an easy fix"  I would like to know the fix....... and just incase..., the windows are up.

Cheers

19 hours ago, chuckovski said:
On 22/06/2020 at 8:05 AM, Deet said:

What's the fix?

Typically the whistle is the seal between the main window and the fixed glass piece in the front door

You remove the external plastic trim piece over that seal. You sort of unclip the top end of it by flexing it. Then it just puts straight up and out at the bottom 

Inside that you will see there two seals have a gap in the middle. I got a piece of mirror grade double sided tape the length of that gap, folded it in half lengthwise so it was double thickness and half the width. Then inserted it between the too seals to fill the gap and hold them together. 

Pop the trim back on

• Like 2