Hopefully soon to be RS275 Trophy R owner

avdoH

Hey guys,

is there anyone in Adelaide with a RS275 Trophy R that could take me for a spin before I purchase a car interstate.
I just dont want to make the same mistake I did before.

If anyone in Adelaide has one for sale that would be even better.

I've been into VW Golf R's & Gti's for last few years and its time for a change.

Any help is much appreciated.

Cheers,

Avdo

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/01/2020 at 9:58 PM, oscargamer said:

That's a sport chassis, not cup. 2019 not 2018. But I think you got the Bose bit right though.

Sorry this might be a silly question but I'm not sure about the differences between a RS280 with a Cup Pack and RS Cup?
From what I've been told (by a salesman) is that the RS280 with a Cup Pack has the Cup Chassis

5 minutes ago, avdoH said:

Sorry this might be a silly question but I'm not sure about the differences between a RS280 with a Cup Pack and RS Cup?
From what I've been told (by a salesman) is that the RS280 with a Cup Pack has the Cup Chassis

there are 3 "chassis" Sport, Cup and Trophy

They each have different suspension. The actual chassis is the same. There are other differences as well. 

There is no "cup pack" but I am not surprised a salesman told you that, he probably sees Koleos most days

4 minutes ago, Deet said:

there are 3 "chassis" Sport, Cup and Trophy

They each have different suspension. The actual chassis is the same. There are other differences as well. 

There is no "cup pack" but I am not surprised a salesman told you that, he probably sees Koleos most days

So, is this car a cup or RS280?
https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/2018-renault-megane-r-s-280-manual/OAG-AD-18356993/?Cr=1

The quote on the ad is an "RS280 Cup" I suggest you call the dealer and ask.

the Sport andCcup are both RS280 (RS280 Sport, RS280 Cup, then Manual or EDC, then "options")

the Trophy is an RS300 as it has more power

the number is the HP

2 minutes ago, Deet said:

The quote on the ad is an "RS280 Cup" I suggest you call the dealer and ask.

the Sport andCcup are both RS280 (RS280 Sport, RS280 Cup, then Manual or EDC, then "options")

the Trophy is an RS300 as it has more power

the number is the HP

I spoke to the dealer and they said that its a RS280 with a Cup Pack (black wheels, better suspension & Torsen LSD)

5 minutes ago, avdoH said:

I spoke to the dealer and they said that its a RS280 with a Cup Pack (black wheels, better suspension & Torsen LSD)

‘Better suspension’ is subjective. There are several reviews (including one by Evo Magazine) where the Sport suspension tune was preferred over the Cup...

• Like 3

1 minute ago, speedfiend41 said:

‘Better suspension’ is subjective. There are several reviews (including one by Evo Magazine) where the Sport suspension tune was preferred over the Cup...

Hey mate, I'm very new to Renault so I have no idea about it all. I was just going by what the salesman told me.

Reason I am looking into the Cup or Cup Pack is because of the Torsen LSD as the car will see some track days (for fun, no competition)

Yep.
The only thing I miss on our Sport is the LSD, but I haven’t found the suspension lacking at all.
Whatever R.S. you get you’ll love. They’re great cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, avdoH said:

so its an RS280 Cup, Manual with Bose pack.  That is what you asked to be found.

22 minutes ago, Deet said:

so its an RS280 Cup, Manual with Bose pack.  That is what you asked to be found.

The one here in Adelaide hasn't got the Bose. I've been looking and slowly working out which one to get. My budget plays a big role as well. 

2 hours ago, avdoH said:

The one here in Adelaide hasn't got the Bose. I've been looking and slowly working out which one to get. My budget plays a big role as well. 

As someone that spent over 20 years doing car audio.... bose is overpriced crap

4 hours ago, avdoH said:

Has anyone got any contacts at the Renault here in Adelaide. I spoke to a guy called Andrew and anything I asked for was a NO. No negotiations possible. I’m trying to buy a car here in Adelaide but it’s proving impossible 

I dealt with Josh at Southern Vales. He was good. 
if you don’t get what you want, walk away. 

12 hours ago, avdoH said:

Both.

It's an RS280 with a Cup chassis. Simply put, Cup has a stiffer chassis than a Sport, has black wheels and red Brembo calipers.

DEFINITELY look outside your home town. I'm 3hrs SW of Melbourne. No dealer in Melbourne was willing to negotiate, so I found the car I wanted in Sydney, agreed a price over the phone/internet (including trade-in), drove to Sydney, swapped cars, drove home over a few days. Made a trip of it. Saved $8K. You MUST look elsewhere.

Out of interest, have you driven both the Sport and Cup?

Edited by oscargamer

17 minutes ago, oscargamer said:

Both.

It's an RS280 with a Cup chassis. Simply put, Cup has a stiffer chassis than a Sport, has black wheels and red Brembo calipers.

DEFINITELY look outside your home town. I'm 3hrs SW of Melbourne. No dealer in Melbourne was willing to negotiate, so I found the car I wanted in Sydney, agreed a price over the phone/internet (including trade-in), drove to Sydney, swapped cars, drove home over a few days. Made a trip of it. Saved $8K. You MUST look elsewhere.

Out of interest, have you driven both the Sport and Cup?

Thanks for the info mate. I've driven the RS280 and it was great. No Cup here to test drive.

7 hours ago, grover61 said:

Sorry for the obvious reply , but the  Orange Tonic one is Cup. Why dont you take that for a test drive??

I dont want to waste dealers time getting the car out of the yard since I'm not interested in the car as it hasn't got bose sound.

28 minutes ago, avdoH said:

I dont want to waste dealers time getting the car out of the yard since I'm not interested in the car as it hasn't got bose sound.

Waste their time

And dont be obsessed with Bose, there are cheaper, better aftermarket alternatives

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, avdoH said:

Your test driving the Cup package, not the sound system. If nobody wasted their time, no cars would ever leave the yard 😁😁

Edited by grover61
  • Haha 1