Jump to content
Phillyphil

New Member Clio Gordini in Perth

Recommended Posts

Hi Fellas,

Finally signed up and been a Clio Gordini owner for 1.5 years. Live in Perth WA. Clio is one of the best fun cars I've owned and funny enough has the lowest BHP  & torque compared to previous cars. Had 2 Golf GTI's previously and still own a Golf R Wolfsburg Wagon (Wife Drives that). The Clio get's under your skin way more...

Compete in Autokhana series in Perth called Red Mist. The Clio can rub shoulders with the best on the 160mtr skid pan. Taken the Clio on barbs are few times before and going to the Renault Perth Track Day at Barbs Dec 19.

Good friend of mine just picked up a Angel & Demon in matt Red and has imported it from NSW. I think the Clio got under his skin too as he just had to have one!

Peace Out!

Philly.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wait until you see those leather Recaro's in your mates car...:popcorn:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome and congratualtions! I assume you've a blue Gordini?

P.S. Tell your friend to have the driver door aligned again (if that wasn't done already). ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah Steve showed me the photos of the seats. It's a peach that one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Marsch said:

Welcome and congratualtions! I assume you've a blue Gordini?

P.S. Tell your friend to have the driver door aligned again (if that wasn't done already). ;)

Thanks mate. It's a low KM blue Gordini with an akrapovic exhaust fitted by the previous owner. 

IMG_4259.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Best colour for Gordinis in my opinion. I've an Akra Evo on mine also installed by the previous owner and it's awesome.

Seems your Gordini stripes could need a little refreshment. If you need help with sourcing some replacements in case you want to fix them just tell me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that break in the bonnet strips is a blue triangle to show where the battery is for Motorsport. The Marshall puts them on every autokhana. 

the decals could use a new set but tried Australia dealers and ktec Uk, Reno parts direct Uk and no oem stickers to be found anywhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome mate! Gordini s are one of my fave Clios, blue or white, doesn’t matter to me. Both look 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Phillyphil said:

Yeah that break in the bonnet strips is a blue triangle to show where the battery is for Motorsport. The Marshall puts them on every autokhana. 

the decals could use a new set but tried Australia dealers and ktec Uk, Reno parts direct Uk and no oem stickers to be found anywhere?

I'd slap the marshall if he'd dare to put the sticker directly on the stripe. That aside the ones on the roof also look a bit knackered.

I've contacted one of my sources. Lets see if he can organise a set. If not I'm going to ask the Frenchies.

1 hour ago, Moosey said:

Welcome mate! Gordini s are one of my fave Clios, blue or white, doesn’t matter to me. Both look 👍

I'm wondering if you're aware that they were also available in Deep Black, Ultra Red and Nimbus Grey? The latter two are very, very rare and could only be ordered in France I was told.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, you could place the triangle elsewhere and put a white outline around it to avoid it being on the decal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Marsch said:

I'd slap the marshall if he'd dare to put the sticker directly on the stripe. That aside the ones on the roof also look a bit knackered.

I've contacted one of my sources. Lets see if he can organise a set. If not I'm going to ask the Frenchies.

I'm wondering if you're aware that they were also available in Deep Black, Ultra Red and Nimbus Grey? The latter two are very, very rare and could only be ordered in France I was told.

If there is any OEM white stripes kicking around in a warehouse somewhere I would be keen on some :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Phillyphil said:

If there is any OEM white stripes kicking around in a warehouse somewhere I would be keen on some :)

Try http://www.jestercreation.fr/?fbclid=IwAR3LYjcznxqdi_zX2GGGBYh9I_wotOxuIaaVpi8A_BhC8KWLFbrI9N-MiQc

He has a FB page. If you use Google Chrome, you can translate the website. Good to deal with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ttimbo said:

Try http://www.jestercreation.fr/?fbclid=IwAR3LYjcznxqdi_zX2GGGBYh9I_wotOxuIaaVpi8A_BhC8KWLFbrI9N-MiQc

He has a FB page. If you use Google Chrome, you can translate the website. Good to deal with

Thanks heaps fella. Site looks great!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just make sure they've the holograms and aren't only white stripes.

Just to let you know. My source is currently on vacation. So I won't get an answer from him for about the next two weeks. Tell me if you're sourcing from somewhere else in the meantime, please.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Marsch I knew of the black cars but maybe not the other colours. Australia only received blue then white. 
 

I seem to recall a couple of cars having had the stripes replaced under warranty here, and the part cost was over $1K 🥴

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Phillyphil: I've got a message from our forum dealer. He thinks the replicas don't have the holograms. The originals cost about 610,- AUD but he can get them for about 535,- if you're interested. The problem is they're on backorder which means he can't give you an estimated delivery time. Are you interested?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...