I want a Members Rides section !

les

yay or nay ?  

1. 1. yay or nay ?

• Y
    • N

.. or you could just put your entire photo collection in your signature... so we can see you car every single time you post. :(

Seems to work for a select few

or even your avatar!!

Dave, wasn't there a thread somewhere where we decided sigs were ok as long as they weren't too big?

As long as the sig pics are hosted offsite they are fine. I've tried to upload to the gallery but the IT people here have put a stop to

uploading files through the firewall. I don't mind the "member's ride" thread idea cause the pics will be hosted offsite anyway.

Only downside is some pages could take a while to load if the pics are too big. Maybe try and keep the pics under 300Kb?

cheers,

Dave, wasn't there a thread somewhere where we decided sigs were ok as long as they weren't too big?

As long as the sig pics are hosted offsite they are fine. I've tried to upload to the gallery but the IT people here have put a stop to

uploading files through the firewall. I don't mind the "member's ride" thread idea cause the pics will be hosted offsite anyway.

Only downside is some pages could take a while to load if the pics are too big. Maybe try and keep the pics under 300Kb?

cheers,

Only problem is that we could end up with a massive 10+ page thread, and we can't edit it when we mod the cars :twisted:

Only problem is that we could end up with a massive 10+ page thread, and we can't edit it when we mod the cars :twisted:

You can edit your own postings Teki,

and if anyone goes over the top the admins can edit anyone :twisted:

I see where you are going with it now les.. I thought you meant like a gallery page.. but a reader rides section that we just do a post for our own car would be interesting. However all you need is somebody to say "I have a blah blah blah" and somebody else goes "well wtf did you get that for" and then threadwar 2006 is on, and the individual thread gets ruined with off topic banter etc. However allowing comments would be good.

My rant is here http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/vie ... php?t=1557 and I think both kb and pixels should be considered (yes, I have a 700kb avatar.. and will be scrapping it) - Hows about Max. Width 650 pixels Max. Height 95kb, Max File size 100kb.

Are these reasonable. I'm not the boss around here by any means.. so just a suggestion

And just to prove you can fit plenty in an image that size I have included 18 frenchies (and 1/2 an Astra :roll: ) in mine (635x65)

While we are going off topic, My shoelace got stuck around my accelerator on my way to work this evening. Interesting to say the least.

While we are going off topic, My shoelace got stuck around my accelerator on my way to work this evening. Interesting to say the least.

HAHA .. while the car is stopped I presume .. did u look like you were trying to pleasure yourself when trying to untie it ? :D

Though not quite as bad as having a thong (the sandal type) wedged between the accelerator and the floor .. which has happened numerous times!

Oh, I see, sorry Les, you want a Members Ride Forum, alongside Off Topics etc.

Then eveyone can post pics of their car as a single thread within that forum.

Personally I'm all for it as I cannot for the life of me get the Gallery to work

but essentially its the same as a Gallery. If a more easily found link to the Gallery

was available from the forum page was setup and the gallery sorted out would

that suit?

I've tried a few times to get the gallery to work and its just stalled me every time

very frustrating.

:)

I see where you are going with it now les.. I thought you meant like a gallery page.. but a reader rides section that we just do a post for our own car would be interesting. However all you need is somebody to say "I have a blah blah blah" and somebody else goes "well wtf did you get that for" and then threadwar 2006 is on, and the individual thread gets ruined with off topic banter etc. However allowing comments would be good.

My rant is here http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/vie ... php?t=1557 and I think both kb and pixels should be considered (yes, I have a 700kb avatar.. and will be scrapping it) - Hows about Max. Width 650 pixels Max. Height 95kb, Max File size 100kb.

Are these reasonable. I'm not the boss around here by any means.. so just a suggestion

And just to prove you can fit plenty in an image that size I have included 18 frenchies (and 1/2 an Astra :roll: ) in mine (635x65)

Yeah, I think that we were concerned about only fitting three posts to a page because of the image in the signature.....

I say don't worry about the number of posts per thread. Really, how many comments CAN be made about a ClioSport ? They all look pretty much the same.

I'd say that there would be 5 pages of replies max for someone hwo say has some decent mods done ..