K&N panel filter mk4 clio rs

alex91

mine was changed at the same time as a service, hard to say what difference it made

I am told they do make a difference when the car is tuned

I did mine because I didn't want to keep paying silly money fro paper filters

• Like 1

As above. The only difference is that paper filter is quick to change. K&N filter needs to be washed, dried and oiled. It takes time to do it. And you have to be careful not to oversaturate filter with oil. It may faul the MAF sensor.

Sent from Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, eight said:

As above. The only difference is that paper filter is quick to change. K&N filter needs to be washed, dried and oiled. It takes time to do it. And you have to be careful not to oversaturate filter with oil. It may faul the MAF sensor.

Sent from Tapatalk

Exactly right, doubt there is any difference in performance unless tuned or modded as mentioned. Just saves on the cost of paper filters but only if you do a lot of kilometres.

I had one in an MR2 which was modded but could not tell if it made any difference to performance coz it went like stink anyway. Only cleaned it and re-oiled it every 40,000km or so and it was a time consuming job but probably needed doing only once every 2 or 3 years...😊

Edited by chris043

The UK boys have found that after a tune, the K&N is about the same as a pod filter upgrade. 

But unless you tune for it, you won't get any performance gain just fitting it