Help please

jazz

Hey guys. I’m 90% on buying an R.S. but the one I’m looking at is advertised as a 2012 but it’s a late 2011/my 12 model. It has the yellow tacho so I’m assuming it is the R.S. 250 not the 265 as advertised. I’ll 

here’s the link to the advert and I’ll also put the engine number and model according to the rego if that helps people identify it. 

Engine number F4RM874C005553

model X9510

https://www.carsales.com.au/cars/details/Renault-Megane-2012/SSE-AD-5311422?DistFromLoc=2008

• Like 1

I think the 250's were made up until mid 2012. I have a 265 manufactured in October 2012. So you're probably right especially if it has the yellow tacho. Mine has a grey tacho.

I think your suspicions are correct - the front grey bumper is definitely a 250; not that it is definite, but the NSW plate is a very recent one. This could mean that it is a write off that has been re-registered (or it was transferred interstate or a personalised plate had been removed) but with the other information, I would say that it has been damaged, or at the very least something suspicious is going on. 

My advice is to steer clear. You can always buy a government (not the revs.com.au thing) PPSR certificate for something like $3 just out of interest's sake. 

You can also call Renault Australia customer support; they were very helpful when I bought my clio second hand privately - they told me all the warranty and recall information (there wasn't much but they told me it all). They can confirm what year and what actual model it is. 

Edited by chuckovski

15 minutes ago, jazz said:

Yeah I just saw the service Center and they confirmed it was a 250, hasn’t been a write off and all services had been done. I’m a little concerned that he wouldn’t let me test drive it though. 

It's a private sale and I presume it has no warranty. If he won't let you test drive it if you have indicated to him that you are keen to buy I would steer clear

I totally agree, no test drive = walk away.

Who seriously thinks they can sell a car without offering a test drive? Did you ask about a mechanical inspection? Again, if they say no, run away!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Yeah I’ve given it a miss. He said he’s got a guy who will offer him 16.2k. I think he’s full of sh*t but I’d take that straight up esp if he’s advertising it at 15k 
Sounds very strange. I'd be interested to see if it's actually real! So many red flags...
Anyway, keep posting options up, always good to hear from the brains trust.
So what's your budget, so we can scour the ads too?

BUY MY CAR [emoji3]http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/topic/30245-metallic-black-2012-megane-rs250-for-sale/
It includes a sexy yellow tacho!

Not a bad idea!
Forum advertised cars tend to attract a lot of scrutiny; whilst I've never seen this car it has been on drive days (not track days that I know of) when it has been very much on display.
Good price too...
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, chuckovski said:

Not a bad idea!
Forum advertised cars tend to attract a lot of scrutiny; whilst I've never seen this car it has been on drive days (not track days that I know of) when it has been very much on display.
Good price too...

It's mint, aside from a little bolster wear on the driver seat and some kerbing the car is A1!

That link I posted isn't working - My for sale ad is titled "Metallic Black 2012 Megane RS250 For Sale".

Adam976 can vouch for the car, we did a few drive days and he's driven the vehicle.

On 15/03/2018 at 5:48 PM, SiMonster said:

I agree, forget about that guy.  . ..  claims 265 when its clearly a 250... and wont let you drive it ?   What a joke!  

I tried to look at this car last weekend on that 40* Sunday, purley as I was in the area at the time. That guy is a loser. Doesn't know what car he has, I could go on, but I won't....  Steer well clear!

• Like 1

On 15/03/2018 at 5:26 PM, Davidb said:

I totally agree, no test drive = walk away.

Who seriously thinks they can sell a car without offering a test drive? 

I remember a few years ago when I sold my 182, the first person who came to see it didn't want to drive it! 

I drove it first, then I actually had to push him to have a drive (he wasn't a new driver or scared of driving from what I could gauge).

Anyway, he bought the car. He said 'as soon as I saw it I knew I wanted it'!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1