heya!

walkie86

just quietly... how good are the RS clios! ive made an offer on a couple of low km 182s but decided to wait it out until the Clio III arrives round Oct

anyway

thanx!

WELCOME!

I think Joey might be right.... I think they are coming late this year or early next year. So, what made you decide to hold off for the 197? You do know the benefits of the Clio 182 Cup.... such as the hydralic steering... and lighter weight :wink:

Welcome anyway - I guess you COULD be our first 197 owner!

• 2 weeks later...

yeh i understand the benefits of the 182! at the moment fundings the issue so i figure by the time the 197s out i should have the money. ill test drive it and see what the english press reckons bout it... also if its no good the 182 should at least be cheaper because it wont be the current model. ive somehow managed to get a dealer in sydney to email me inside information on the new clio and he reckons theyll be debuting the RS at the sydney show. he said he'll let me know when the order books are open to but i reckon id want to test drive one first

Your low on funds? Dude - have you checked out your CURRENT garage?

Nice bunch there... the Clio would certainly fit right in!

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the site. As for the 182 vs 197 - you know you want to... get the 182!

Welcome! Hope you enjoy the site. As for the 182 vs 197 - you know you want to... get the 182!

I was just reading this post an thinking the same thing ! His garage is worth more than my house :cry: !!

Welcome anyway .... Think you might have quite a long wait for a 197 ..... an i would wait till they have sorted out some of the issues (they always have issues on a ser 1).

How did you find the site?

Hey Walkie,

Hmmmmmmmmm - just realised your in the Inner West. I'll take you for a spin in a 182 Cup if you take me in the exige! haha, unfair deal I know... but hey, gotta try!

Good luck with the hunt, and let us know what you end up deciding on!

Just remember, added weight, less standard features...

But, bigger wheels, more power and one extra gear.

(There was a guy in my school with surname Walk... nicknamed Walkie. Born in 86 I'd say too. Conincidence or what?!)

thanks guys. thats the "family garage" (read: my dads) my brother an i alternate between the a-class n astra but im looking to trade the a160 soon hopefully. i found the site (if i can remember correctly) just by looking for RS clio III pics i think and it came up with that folder on here.

ive driven the cup and megane 225... both very nice! though the 182s smaller and thats what i like at the moment. (although the turbo rush was fun lol)

hopefully a renault can eventuate soon though n i can come on some drive days. ive got some mates who are ridiculous car nuts who'd love to come, so we'll see what happens in the coming months.

i know of 3 182s in balmain - one arctic blue sport , one arctic blue cup , one racing blue cup. the racing blue cup is a green p-plater n i always see him around and the artic blue sport lives next door! so jealous lol

cheers!

oh and brendan are u a green p-plater? if so... wow! lol love the 225 cup. such a good colour combo

lol yeh but im a uni student and to get a clio i need to pay the difference after a trade in so its gonna take a little while to save up

oh and brendan are u a green p-plater? if so... wow! lol love the 225 cup. such a good colour combo

Hey walkie!

yea, i'm a green p-plater :mrgreen:

The Sydney boys are having a KK run on 28th of this month, so if your interested - doesn't matter if you don't have a renault yet - come along and meet

everyone! Hope to see ya there!

Brendan :mrgreen:

If you come in the dodge viper, I will make an effort to come as well ... :)

lol dont have it anymore! its an ex-member...

brendan, just wondering wat KK means??

If you come in the dodge viper, I will make an effort to come as well ... :)

lol dont have it anymore! its an ex-member...

brendan, just wondering wat KK means??

4get it then...

come in the exige !

KK = Krispy Kreme

hahaha sweet as! KK at penrith or liverpool?

does anyone know the 182s i mentioned in balmain?

does anyone know the 182s i mentioned in balmain?

The French Racing Blue 182 Cup with the Green P plates is mine... you should hear it farting around at the moment with a broken cat. The Artic Blue 182 Cup next door... I've spotted one in the same place ALLL the time, so would that mean you live just off Beattie Street, Rozelle/Balmain border? Either that, or just off Darling Street, Balmain East. I know allllllllll the RSC owners in Balmain (well, where they are anyway haha)

Oh, and I spend most of my time in Balmain....

KK is the Krispy Kreme meet we are having in Liverpool.

hahahah man thats hilarious! yeh im in east balmain. theres a 182 next door all the time (hes there at the moment actually) and i know the one just off beattie st.. always parks near the end of the st. ive seen u round heeeaps of times

and i believe uve seen my dads blue exige? cos he told me "the green-plater in the cup we always see was staring at me as i drove past"

lol wat a coincidence hey. do u live in balmain?

Hahaha! Yes, that would be me... that exige is HOT (it is all coming back to me...) I remember seeing it turn onto Darling Street and head to Balmain East - Dunno why I didn't think about that earlier! And yea, the 182 in East Balmain would be on one of the last streets off balmain yea? Waterfront Apartment block?

And yea, you would see me HEAPS in Balmain - I work in the area. Do you work in Balmain? If so, I've probably see you around heaps of times too (I start to see and remember all the common faces)

hahahah soo funny! yeh the exige is currently in melbourne getting the 240R pack put on

i just live in balmain but drive to uni everyday n ive seen u heaps on weekends and driven past when ur parked near the coffee shop across from the commercial pub

yeh im next door to that apartment block

uve probably seen me in a range of cars... a red MGF, white new astra CDX, white X5 with 19s, red a-class.. all with black number plates

a red MGF

Is it lowered? P Plates... think I've seen you!

Um, yea... My car was parked there as I tried to lease a place there on Darling Street. Never tried that coffee place, but it looks good!

Um, yea... My car was parked there as I tried to lease a place there on Darling Street.

Never tried that coffee place, but it looks good!

Is the Boss reading over your shoulder mate?

:wink: