I Need Your Expertise Please. What Version 265?

khyams

G'day Fellas,

I'm thinking of buying a used 265 before the end of financial year. I'm a little confused with the different versions and I'm hoping someone can help explain. I found this car that looks pretty good. What version is it that it has 18" wheels, no climate control, Recaros, and the unusual blue paint?

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Renault-Megane-2013/OAG-AD-12007679/?Cr=0

Is it a Trophy or a Cup? Anything I should be concerned about? How's that blue look in real life?

Thanks for your help!

Ken

Brisbane

That's the 265 sport limited edition

It's the French police blue (apparently, don't know if it's PR or truth)

And yes it's not a cup or a trophy

It doesn't have the LSD which is a major omission

It was also around $36K driveway, so it should be much cheaper than its cup, trophy, cup+, trophy+ etc contemporaries

It was meant to be the Gendamerie edition....it's an entry level RS but you loose a few bits like keyless entry, mechanical diff, auto headlights, climate and RS monitor. You also get what they call a "everyday sport" chassis which actually makes the car sit higher and is not as hardcore as the cup/trophy models.

The blue looks nice when it's polished up but as it's not a metallic/high gloss finish some started to look a little dull or aged quicker than expected.

Personally I'd prefer a Cup or Trophy for the whole experience/package, I felt this version lost its edge which is what an RS is about for me.....but don't get me wrong, if it's just as a daily or for spirited/weekend driving you'll probably never push it that hard to be able to notice the difference, and for that there a bargain way in to a newer model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you like dark blue maybe look at a Red Bull model (even darker blue) but fully loaded with everything except the glass roof.

Limited slip diff is essential in these if you want the massive grin factor we all bang on about, and if you want to track it.

G'day Fellas,

I'm thinking of buying a used 265 before the end of financial year. I'm a little confused with the different versions and I'm hoping someone can help explain. I found this car that looks pretty good. What version is it that it has 18" wheels, no climate control, Recaros, and the unusual blue paint?

http://www.carsales.com.au/dealer/details/Renault-Megane-2013/OAG-AD-12007679/?Cr=0

Is it a Trophy or a Cup? Anything I should be concerned about? How's that blue look in real life?

Thanks for your help!

Ken

Brisbane

A mate of mine has the same model. The blue isn't particularly striking but his one has a full leather interior.

It's still an RS but there's no shortage in used Meganes at the moment.

There are two RB's in Qld for sale on the forum right now.  One at the Gold Coast and one near Caboolture from what I can ascertain.  Both wold be awesome, as they are well kept low km examples that have been loved by forum members here.

A good starting point I reckon

Anyone know exactly what tyre/wheel size is on these? These would be the most daily-driver friendly size possible to run right?

Aren't they just gunmetal Tibors? I.e. 18s

They look narrower, like a 225.

@No152 Narrower isn't necessarily worse for straight-line performance because there is less rolling resistance and they are lighter. Better for less-good roads as well because there is a bit more sideways flex in the wheel going over bumps.

Just a bit slower for going around corners, but I guess they didn't want to spill their donuts.

Just curious to see how narrow a Meg-3 wheel can actually go as a factory option.

@No152 Narrower isn't necessarily worse for straight-line performance because there is less rolling resistance and they are lighter. Better for less-good roads as well because there is a bit more sideways flex in the wheel going over bumps.

Just a bit slower for going around corners, but I guess they didn't want to spill their donuts.

Just curious to see how narrow a Meg-3 wheel can actually go as a factory option.

All good Clixx.  Mis-read your post.  The link I was looking at was the RB one.  Not sure what the spec on the Meg Sport are.  Definitely 18's though, not 19s

G'day Fellas,

How does this car compare to the RB8 in terms of equipment? Is it missing anything important other than the recaros?

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mooloolaba/cars-vans-utes/2014-renault-megane-hatchback/1115145101

I think that's also in the for sale thread

It's younger than the rb8, i.e. it's a facelift 265 cup. That means it's got warranty until 2019 (5yrs). RB8 is probably nearing end of warranty as we speak (3yrs). It doesn't have cornering bixenons, and it has 18" not 19" wheels (which means tyres are cheaper and ride is better)

It will have the same rs monitor though (that's good!)

I think that's also in the for sale thread

It's younger than the rb8, i.e. it's a facelift 265 cup. That means it's got warranty until 2019 (5yrs). RB8 is probably nearing end of warranty as we speak (3yrs). It doesn't have cornering bixenons, and it has 18" not 19" wheels (which means tyres are cheaper and ride is better)

It will have the same rs monitor though (that's good!)

Well spotted Chuck. It's Rick62's car.

Thanks guys - great info. I was mostly concerned that it has the Trophy suspension and LSD. I'd miss the Recaros (A LOT!) but this looks to be a really good deal.

I had a look at the "Parts Price" thread last night. HOLLY CRAP!!!!! I has me thinking a Toyota 86 might be a smarter purchase.

You get about four more years warranty and capped price servicing. Not sure what the concern is. How long are you planning to keep before changing? I would be surprised if ownership costs between the two would be dramatically different.

Fun factor however is very different...

I saw one of these blue RSM265s parked in the street yesterday and had a look at the tyres - they are indeed only 225 wide!

• Like 1

I saw one of these blue RSM265s parked in the street yesterday and had a look at the tyres - they are indeed only 225 wide!

Yep, after I burnt through the Dunlop sport max tt 225 I went to 235 and they set off the car so much better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The 250: trophee only

265: option on several, standard on rb8 and trophy+ though could be wrong with such a complicated lineup

265 facelift and 275 variants: none

250 Cup Trophee - even then it was an option!