New Act Megane Owner... Almost

paffoh

Great forum, hello all.

Currently awaiting delivery of a family friendly option, 2015 GT 220 hatch. Managed a compromise from a i30 to this if I lose my past mod fetishes (Ok dear no worries, make it black with black rims then!)

We needed four doors, originally interested in the Clio but test drove the sport and the GT 220. Wife preferred the manual, I wasnt phased either way (Was enjoying the brand experience immensely!). Hence the hatch rather than wagon, 0% finance was the clincher.

After spending the last few years in a Subaru I'm looking forward to the handling and performance upgrade... That and hopefully a perfectly applied Ceramic Coat and a little less time trying to achieve the perfect detail.

Not much info about the GT 220 on forums so hope to be able to provide a definitive experience... After all, it has some Renault Sport heritage, right?

Delivery date hopefully before Xmas.

post-21506-0-22033100-1449229515_thumb.jpg

Edited by paffoh
  • Like 1

Welcome to the forum! I like the bit about "wife preferred a manual.." She's definitely a keeper!! Nice choice with the 220. I cannot see any way you could be disappointed compared eith the Hyundai....

Thanks mate, I tend to agree on both counts.

The firmer chassis was definately a highlight over the Clio RS sport, it just felt a little more planted. Will be a nice daily for the wife and little tourer for my interstate trips.

First new car off a lot, first Euro branded vehicle.

Thanks mate, I tend to agree on both counts.

The firmer chassis was definately a highlight over the Clio RS sport, it just felt a little more planted. Will be a nice daily for the wife and little tourer for my interstate trips.

First new car off a lot, first Euro branded vehicle.

First of endless smiles each time you drive it!!

• 2 weeks later...

Nicely detailed, right on cue as the pen hit the paper a heavy storm blew in.

Made driving home interesting!

post-21506-0-76496100-1450859802_thumb.jpg

post-21506-0-81604500-1450859871_thumb.jpg

Edited by paffoh
  • Like 2

Thanks Chuck, very happy.

As its under finance I doubt we will chase any sort of performance increase. However, thinking of also purchasing another project.. A different story altogether :).

Just got to sell the Foz first.

post-21506-0-45080700-1451202377_thumb.jpg

Thanks Chuck, very happy.

As its under finance I doubt we will chase any sort of performance increase. However, thinking of also purchasing another project.. A different story altogether :).

Just got to sell the Foz first.

IMG_20151225_204738.jpg

Clio 182 is the mandatory project car for RS members... Apparently... :)

• Like 1