Lapsed user after RS buying tips

timmy

Hey guys,

Back on here after an absence since my beloved red 172 got written off last year.

I'm in the market for another RS machine and have recently test driven the new RS Clio Cup and was very impressed. But was tossing up whether to get something new like this or a pre-loved Megane. Budget is about $30K.

I loved driving the Clio but must admit I prefer a manual. But coming with 5year warranty and capped price servicing is very tempting. But the Megane 250 (2011-2012) looks much better IMO and is faster (and is manual).

Have you guys got any advice to offer?

Cheers,

Tim

Welcome back Timmy.

As Portal says, you've pretty much summed up the differences for yourself.

So, now you need to decide if you want the better drivers' car or the better practical package (both physical and financial) - and, of course, drive both extensively before deciding!

welcome back Timmy

Walkies mint, as new Clio IV is for sale - have a look at that as its in your budget - very practical compared to my 265 .

http://www.carsales.com.au/private/deta ... 18&sdmvc=1

I too have been half-seriously contemplating the same question.

I think the Megane would be my preference, for the same reasons you mention. Heart over head in this case.

Haven't driven either though, probably should do that before deciding.

I test drove a 2011 Megane 250 Trophee at Barry Bourke this afternoon. Nice, but I think I prefer the Clio. Clio has extra mod-cons and has the benefit of a better warranty (obviously).

I also test drove a Focus ST yesterday and that is very tempting. Bloody fast too and corners like on rails.

Thanks for the input so far guys.

Cheers,

Tim