Buying a rs265

stevo

Hey there,

I`m buying a rs265 soon and trying to decide which model. Budget around $45k.

I see the 2014 cup has satnav+rsmonitor and 5 year warranty. Some dealers on 2013 demo low km models are saying 5 year warranty also. Is this true ?

Some dealers are saying all the 2012/13 trophy are trophy + but they have different seats. I know trophy+ has heated recaro,

anyone got a picture of the these ? Are they the seats that have the harness inserts ?

1 more question - Apart from the livelink not working on the satnav I have read on this site, does the natnav system provide speed camera warnings without having to subscribe to tom tom service $ ?

Thanks very much

Stevo

There is no such thing as a heated recaro as far as I know.

You can either get leather recaros, cloth recaros or heated leather sports seats. Either recaro option has the harness inserts in them.

Spec has changed so much over the years it's a bit hard to keep a track of.

Youll get spoed limits shown as you drive. No speed camera alerts unless paid service, but if car brought new yiu should get a 3mth trial if thr tomtom service. Theres still some RB8's available. Learher recaro, satnav, start stop, xenon directional headlights.

OK thanks Tension, yep they are the 3 types. Cloth on cup, and mix on trophy+ of recaro bucket(harness insert in shoulder) OR the heated leather (These have RS logo on headrest like the cloth but as your saying are not recaro)

SO I cant get heated recaro ( That would be nice)

So if you buy a $200 navman you get an audible beep when approaching speed cameras but on an expensive factory option you don't. I had cheap navman but wanted inbuilt system in next car, probably not worth it.

Better to save $ and get good bracket for iphone/navman etc.

Thanks for your feed back. I cant wait to get a rs265, options aren`t really that important anyways.

I still get speed cam warnings and it's been more than 3 months.

Hi Stevo

Get yourself an RB8 its a great car. Inbuilt Rlink system has sat nav with speed camera alerts, great handsfree phone integration you don't need a bracket for the phone. leave it in your pocket, throw it on the seat everthing is done through the touch screen and dial in centre console.

Hi Stevo

Get yourself an RB8 its a great car. Inbuilt Rlink system has sat nav with speed camera alerts, great handsfree phone integration you don't need a bracket for the phone. leave it in your pocket, throw it on the seat everthing is done through the touch screen and dial in centre console.

Bit off topic but I recently found out that talking on the phone via hand free BT is illegal unless your phone is in a dedicated phone holder! The cops and fine you for it and 3 demerit points

It's a ridiculous law! I am not sure if it is only Vic or nationwide.

Hi Stevo

I thought I was the only one whose brain hurt looking at all the different trim levels they had on the last phase of the megane! It was actually really annoying. I'm one of those people who used to get distracted by all that other crap.

Now I own a trophy + and I no longer care, because the car is so freaking awesome! Sat nav, R link, blah blah blah. Probably the only thing that makes a difference is the lights - the trophy + (and as someone mentioned also the RB8) comes with directional xenon headlights. They are cool. Probably the proximity key is also nice, but any car with this chassis and engine - nothing else matters.

IF and only if the RS monitor matters, and you want Sat Nav, get the RB8. It has both. The Trophy + has one or the other (as I think has already been mentioned).

The new meganes do not have the xenon directional headlights. Or the normal (non-recaro) leather seats.

But again, I don't think I'd ever really care if I had to swap with a base model. Probably the only thing to steer away from is the 265 limited edition. It was cheap because it didn't have the mechanical LSD, which I hear makes a massive difference. Same engine though.

As for warranty, I bought a 2013 demo and it did not have 5 yr warranty. Best to get it in writing from the dealer or contact Renault themselves to confirm warranty.

These cars are awesome. I would just recommend to buy the cheapest and newest one available.

• 1 month later...

Old post I started but I finally Bought the meg rs265 2014 premium

5 year warranty / roadside - 3 yr. scheduled servicing

Leather Recaro (heated electrical now gone from options in 2014 model)

Touch screen satnav/Rlink (does everything) with reverse camera

19inch steeve

Slots now gone from 2014 model brake discs (doesn't matter still brembo 4 pot calipers /ventilated 340mm x 28mm discs)

Yeah these cars are well worth the money, unbelievable to drive.

Thanks to all for the replies

Stevo

Hi Steve, yes aware of the tire costs but had blinkers on to that issue when buying the car. I'm not up for new tires yet but talking to a guy last week he got some Goodyear eagle F1s from tire rack and saved a bomb. I recall seeing a thread somewhere about tire costs and working with tirerack. Might be worthwhile searching for it to find if it has the info you are looking for. It was also mentioned that if you go for 245s the tire price drops as well as 245s for 19" rims are a bit more common in Australia. If that is the case might be worthwhile seeing what options there are. I would be interested to hear what you find out.

Thanks SupremeMoFo, I will be more inclined to give it a good wrap around corners knowing this.

I heard tirerack is a bit of a hassle, direct deposit needed, your bank charges you $50 for $ conversion and tire rack want about $400 for delivery which takes weeks.

Thanks SupremeMoFo, I will be more inclined to give it a good wrap around corners knowing this.

I heard tirerack is a bit of a hassle, direct deposit needed, your bank charges you $50 for $ conversion and tire rack want about $400 for delivery which takes weeks.

No worries! Hell, you can even get Pilot Sport Cups for $530/corner in that size :D

I've ordered from Tirerack (a number of people have) - was good but not great. Shipping cost was reasonable (about $270), but the exchange rate was a lot better at the time, they can be slow to respond to inquiries, and while ANZ didn't specifically charge a fee for currency conversion the conversion rate is always worse than you expect and there is a fee for the "wire transfer" (different to direct deposit). Shipping only took 3 business days though!

Picked up the meg yesterday, oh yeah. Haven`t even put it in sports mode yet. Was worried the thing wasn`t locking.

How do you tell if its locked ? as when you have proximity card in pocket, it always opens. Do you have to take your

card away from it, then come back without card and see if the doors open? I tried the 2 presses of lock for deadlocking, but door still opens.

These cars are bloody awesome, need to learn a few things though.

HHaha i know the feeling it was quite unsettling for me also the first time I walked away which was at a Major shopping centre :|

I Also find the auto wipers not as good as VW's offering but meh manual operation is fine :)

Cant go wrong with RS.... rock solid IMO.... guys my RS came with black 19'Steev Wheel with red lip, R Link monitor and Tom Tom Satnav (but no RS Monitor.. sucks), Centre consol control for the Tom Tom Satnav, red seat belts, thick non-Recaro seat cloth with 'RS' on the head rest (non-electronic). they called it Trophy model here... but i cant see the Trophy number and it is dearer than the RedBull....

anyone know what kind of RS265 might it be? i cant find it in any of the Renault website