The grin begins...

Michael

when I first get into this car - and lasts long after I get out.

Hi from north-east Tasmania. I flew to Sydney last month and drove home in a lunar grey RS265 Trophy via the NSW high country and the Alpine Way... and a ferry ride. When I got to Melbourne I wanted to turn around and do it again rather than get on the boat.

Anyway... been lurking for a month, but coming out now and glad to be here - a wonderful community and great resource.

Trophy_1.jpg

Trophy_2.jpg

Welcome and congrats. Lovely corner of the world you're in down there 8)

Thanks for the welcomes. Bit cold and white in the mornings down here at the moment, but not as bad as some places - Canberra's 5 degrees colder than us at night according to the weather on tv.

R182, I live in Lilydale which is 25 kms north-east of Launceston and was probably on your route by the sound of things. I didn't see you - I would have remembered an RS, they're so rare here. We haven't had a Renault dealer here until recently so, except for the Koleoses which one of the rental companies uses, late model Renaults are virtually non-existant. It's a shame because it would be nice to be able to wave to one occasionally. The other side-effect is that people stop and look at the 265 because it is different, although I have had a couple of people thinking it was a Veloster.

apple3337, it was your posts that stopped me lurking. Your story was virtually mine back to front as you've pointed out. My car was a demonstrator at Northshore Renault and although it only had 500kms on it, it was 18 months old. So when I got it home I booked it into Launceston Autohaus for a service. So we almost crossed paths at the same dealer.

Homerlovesbeer - the colour was the reason that I have this car. There was a white one at the dealer in Hobart for the same price that was better optioned (mine doesn't have front sensors, leather or xenons), but it had done 14,000 kms, had half-worn tyres, had gutter rash on one wheel... and was white. It was also in Hobart which is not nearly as tempting as Sydney when anticipating the trip home.

Incidently, I can't recommend Northshore Renault and Daniel Borgman highly enough. Daniel worked with me to get a good price, although the fact that the car was 18 months old and still in stock with a new model out would have helped with that. He picked me up from the airport in his own car and generally made the Sydney end of things very easy for me.

Thanks again for the welcomes it's great to be here and a part of it.

Welcome Michael. I am an ex Launceston lad and I know you have some nice twisty roads around Lilydale. The drive in your megane around these roads would be so much fun. I would love to have my megane back there in Tassie as there are so many places that would be so much fun in this car. Enjoy

Greg

Welcome Michael. I am an ex Launceston lad and I know you have some nice twisty roads around Lilydale. The drive in your megane around these roads would be so much fun. I would love to have my megane back there in Tassie as there are so many places that would be so much fun in this car. Enjoy

Greg

and it's so tempting, but living in a small town with an instantly recognisable car means that I have to somehow keep myself under control until I'm far enough away to not upset the locals. That's a long way in Tassie.

R182, I live in Lilydale which is 25 kms north-east of Launceston and was probably on your route by the sound of things. I didn't see you - I would have remembered an RS, they're so rare here.

Yep, got fuel there a few times, nice little spot. Unfortunately back and forth for work and not in the RS. It was very tempting to put it on the boat for a trip but my ultimate destination had some rather rough dirt roads that the 182 wouldn't have appreciated. Well the 182 would've loved it ... some of the interior fastenings might not have agreed.

If you need to do mechanical work I recall this is just up the road :rofl: ... might have been past Scottsdale.

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=106&p=387988&hilit=hoist#p387988

file.php?id=2531

I'm not sure that I'd like to drive out onto that.

I reckon it's a loading ramp for loading machinery onto a truck - there's probably a harvesting contractor nearby. The lack of support in the middle would be a bit of a worry though - those planks must be thicker than they look.