Hi from Finland!

Antti O

Hi, newbie here :!:

I am Antti and from Finland. I have rare car here Clio III RS 2.0-16V, i have had car now almost 3 years. I am the second owner. First was older woman, i bought it 51000km driven, now there is 75000km in the meter. I am car detailer guy, maybe you see it from the pictures.

Couple of pics for you, click for larger picture :wink:

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

_full.jpg

Welcome Antii! Lovely 197 you have there - so shiny!

Is it stock or do you have some modifications?

Terveisiä aurinkoisesta Sydneystä! En oo nähny Renaultsport autoja Suomessa muuta kuin Jyväskylässä ralli viikonloppuna...

And that is indeed a very clean and shiny 197 8)

Welcome mate, very clean looking 197. What brings you to the site (bar great company :) ) are you planning a trip??

Welcome and enjoy your visiting here with us.

Lovely clean car. You have done a great job restoring it. :)

Welcome Antti, looks very clean mate, nice!

Thanks

Welcome! Car looks very clean mate! well done!

Well i try to keep it clean, altough we have horrible winter here

woooweee!! That sure is one VERY clean looking 197. Welcome Antti

What's it like driving on ice? :mrgreen:

Thank you, well it is normal here.. we have snow & ice usually between november - april, and i have drove many times in lake ice. We have to use studded winter tyres, or friction type winter tyres. It is mandatory by law between december - february.

It is lot of fun to drive in ice with 4wd or rear wheel drive car if you have power.

Welcome Antii! Lovely 197 you have there - so shiny!

Is it stock or do you have some modifications?

Thanks, machine polishing & coating makes wonders for old cars too :)

It is 100% stock, no any modifications.

Welcome , enjoy your stay :)

Thanks!

Terveisiä aurinkoisesta Sydneystä! En oo nähny Renaultsport autoja Suomessa muuta kuin Jyväskylässä ralli viikonloppuna...

And that is indeed a very clean and shiny 197 8)

Moi SamR

We do not have so many here, i believe there are someting like 10 clio III RS models in the country total, and some megane rs models too. But not many. For example, i have never saw another clio III rs in the road here.

Welcome mate, very clean looking 197. What brings you to the site (bar great company :) ) are you planning a trip??

Hi, i was searching google for 197 things and found this forum. It would be great to visit Australia but it is so far from here north i have to think if we can afford that kind of trip.

Welcome.

Welcome, there's probably more RS here in Aus than in Europe, ironic!

Hi, i doubt it. Clio III RS is popular in UK. There are quite a few enthusiast clubs. It was so cheap there it was top seller. [17.000£) for cup200 model. For example, here Finland the price was 35000euros which is mad.

Wow, who knew silver could look so good!

Welcome.

What do the little buttons on the front of the seat do?

Thanks, yep. Gris makaha is great metallic/pearl colour, it transforms depending how dark or bright the weather is. Those buttons are for front seat heaters, standard here north. You cannot maybe think how good those are when there is -30 celsius outside and you have to drive to work.

Welcome and enjoy your visiting here with us.

Lovely clean car. You have done a great job restoring it. :)

Thanks, i will.

Is that joke, ? =) The car is not restored in any way other than 4 alloys have been re-painted and right side sill was re-painted because of scratch. It is easy to keep car in this shape, when wash it regularly and dont trash it.