Warning Noob alert!!!!

RU55A_172

With a lightly modeed flame red 172. Which I aquired in Stock form in late 2011 and have been slowly modifying :P for some on track shenanigans :D one day. Its also my daily drive so not going to go too crazy with the old girl.

Hello everyone and looking forward to....well whatever happens!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...
Welcome. What are the light mods? :)

Mods are:

-Eibachs over adj. Koni

-camber bolts

-Black Diamond rotors (front only) and matching high temp pads

-green cotton induction

-Remus muffler (It was on the car when I bought it)

Other stuff:

Few RS decals here n there to tuffen the old girl up and make her stand out :). I also did a custom tint job on the taillights, wasnt keen on the stock ones and cldnt find any descent after market ones.

Also have some wheels on order....the stockies are well a lil stock :(.....

Prob going to do the exhaust next......

Welcome mate! Some nice stuff you've got going on there. What wheels are you going for?

Lol ... sorry, probably also due to post count.

All good....how many posts do I need to make before this goes away?

I love that intake it makes a mean noise. I drove away laughing after I picked the car up from the shop...:D:-D:-D:-D:-D

Yup from AP. It's Definitely waayyyy louder! !! Like I said I had a smile from ear to ear and still do every time I give it a bit....which seems to happen more since having it fited :o . I thought it wld of got a bit more induction roar..but it has made the exhaust louder as well (which is stock other than the remus muffler). Its a nice deep rumble as well, similar to what a scoobi sounds like when its had a cannon shoved up its butt, but better of course hahah :wink:. Iv had a fair few ppl comment saying they like the sound the old girl makes as well. Also feels like it pulls a bit harder at the top, but that could just be the noise factor. Not sure what was going on in that other thread. ..maybe he had sucked up a cat or a possum.... :o

...maybe he had sucked up a cat or a possum.... :o

lol ... that's a bit more likely when the CAF is moved to where the fog light used to be. :headbang:

Iv seen that done to a clio on a UK website where the left foggie was replaced ..looked pretty boss...wldnt want to go through any deep puddles

Welcome !

How are you finding the Remus exhaust ? Is it raspy or farty ? How would you describe it ? Any noticeable increase in power ?

Hi, its just the rear muffler (not cat back) and it came with the car...other than that it was stock when I bought it. I doubt that just changing the rear muffler wld give any power increase, just a bit more noise it did have a nice burble to it not too loud, def wasnt farty. The green cotton induction kit is what made the real difference :D. See my post above for more indepth description on the induction kit. Its the one R182 posted a pic of.

One of the workshops from Vic rates those intakes.....he posted elsewhere that with that and a (his) exhaust you would get 10hp (?cant recall but it was about this...)

Looks ok, and I like the cold air intake bit, but not sure about the filter......be interesting to see before and after dyno's

One of the workshops from Vic rates those intakes.....he posted elsewhere that with that and a (his) exhaust you would get 10hp (?cant recall but it was about this...)

Looks ok, and I like the cold air intake bit, but not sure about the filter......be interesting to see before and after dyno's

Yeah, that was Auto Paris Wade. Aside from looks and sound I doubt there much in it.

Yup def AP, I was told between 8-10hp with the green cotton induction, devil exhaust and an ecu tune. Which is believable imo, considering your getting the thing to breath so much better and then tweaking the ecu to suit the better flow....

Not having much luck with uploading photos from Photobucket guys (as I have never done it b4)..anyone got any tips. Tried ro paste the url for the image but when I clicked on the link it just took me back to the post and not picture...wtf :x

I'm now linking straight from my facebook pics. Just right click over your pic to use, select 'Copy Image Location' or whatever it is (I use Firefox) and then paste that in a reply between the bracketed 'img' tags.

Easiest way to see for yourself is to reply using a quote from someone else that has a pic in their reply, without submitting it afterward of course.

Tapatalk picture uploading is only enabled for users after 50 posts I believe.

FYI imageshack is moving to a paid service soon.

Awesome air box set up that. Looks awesome in the engine bay and sounds absolutely tits. I had that exact set up in my 182.

Welcome.

Awesome air box set up that. Looks awesome in the engine bay and sounds absolutely tits. I had that exact set up in my 182.

Welcome.

I agree im totally loving it.... did u have the stock cold air feed hooked up to the side of the box?

Welcome mate! Some nice stuff you've got going on there. What wheels are you going for?

Walkie, here are the images of the RE30 clubsports wheels I originally ordered.

20131012_122102_zps32821f89.jpg

20131012_121950_zps59d52659.jpg

But changed order to these the other day. CE28 club racers.

ce28ncr_zps352db6ae.jpg

wheel-volk-ce28n-diamond-blackimage_zpsde8a5923.jpg