Young F1 Team Driver

zuffen

Hi,

Been a Member for a while but never posted before.

We have a Red 2010 F1 Team with 30,000klm on it that my 18 year old drives.

Great car and fun to drive (I drove it back to Sydney from Toowoomba in under 10 hours and arrived refreshed) whilst quite economical.

Car will be serviced at Hornsby Renault.

If our son doesn't write it off he gets it for his 21st.

The only upgrade (if you can call it that) is a K & N filter.

He needs it standard for his license so nothing will happen for a couple of years.

We run an mixed fleet of interesting cars (from SLK55's to Lancia 037's) so this is in the lower echelons of our fleet.

I figure if he likes the car enough he will look after it. If he splatters the car at least he should survive as the car will look after him. The cost of the car is inconsequential compared to the cost of raising a child! Besides his Mum may get a little funny if he cashes his chips in.

... The cost of the car is inconsequential compared to the cost of raising a child! ...

LOL ... nice perspective.

Given you seem to be from a motoring background I'm sure you're all over it ... but I was going to suggest that (some of) the driver training courses are a great way to have a bit of fun and learn the limits of the car (where there are no trees or curbs). My kids will certainly be doing some of these when they get to that stage. :)

... The cost of the car is inconsequential compared to the cost of raising a child! ...

LOL ... nice perspective.

Given you seem to be from a motoring background I'm sure you're all over it ... but I was going to suggest that (some of) the driver training courses are a great way to have a bit of fun and learn the limits of the car (where there are no trees or curbs). My kids will certainly be doing some of these when they get to that stage. :)

Mmmmm, that's got me thinking.

A driver training course as an introduction to Track Days. :idea:

Zuffen, I love that the Renault is at the "lower end of your fleet".

More power to you :D , for me it's probably the most expensive car I will ever ( be allowed ) to buy.

Hope your son enjoys the drive.

Welcome Zuffen!

Were you the family that came and test drove my 197 back in March?

If so, glad to see you pick one up 8)

An advanced driving course is scheduled early in the new year.

Walkie,

Yes we loved the colour of your car but the pricing wasn't quite where we wanted it and he was on his red P's so the mods made it technically illegal for him to drive it.

The car we purchased lived for 2 years in a Carcoon whilst the owner was overseas so very low k's.

I'll dig out some photos of our 037 we've had it for around 6 years and it lives with a friend who also owns an R5 Turbo.