Newbie first rs

CMACK

Congrats on the new car!

What do you mean front of the car getting hot? You mean the engine bay continues to give off heat after the car is turned off for 10mins ?

Thanks . The cars not hot in oil or coolant temp it's not even hot when I stop driving the temp seams to build after 10mins and I'm not driving it hard at all and it stays hot for a good 30mins ( and that's after only a 5min drive )

Congrats on the new car!

What do you mean front of the car getting hot? You mean the engine bay continues to give off heat after the car is turned off for 10mins ?

Thanks . The cars not hot in oil or coolant temp it's not even hot when I stop driving the temp seams to build after 10mins and I'm not driving it hard at all and it stays hot for a good 30mins ( and that's after only a 5min drive )

I rang the dealership and they said monitor it

Nice new car you have there. I'm envious.

My Audi S3 also gives off a lot of heat after the engine is switch off. It is significantly hotter than the Volvo S40 T4 it replaced and both cars have 2L turbo.

I'd say it is normal for modern engine running on high boost and compression ratio to generate that much heat. Like hifiandmtb's Polo, the S3 will have an electric pump running a few minutes after the engine is switch off.

• 2 weeks later...

Perfectly normal. My 265 sounds like its got the fan air con spinning when i turn the engine off after a hammering, just a way to cool itself down.. Prefferebly drive around before stopping the engine to cool it down abit.. Air is the best coolant in my opinion, drops oill temp right temp right away