Travelling Brit!

Siddle

Hey guys,

So I'm new to ozrenaultsport, but I've been a member on ClioSport.net for a few years now so I'm not technically a newbie, ha.

I've just sold my pride and joy, a Racing Blue 182 with various mods, which is funding my trip to Sydney in 5 weeks time!

Myself and my Mrs, who is an Aussie Citizen from previously living there, will be coming over for a years travelling & working and I was advised to introduce myself on here for future reference really!

I'm a strong believer in "it's who you know, not what you know', so I'm hoping you boys and girls will be able to assist me with advice etc along my travels, making sure I don't make silly mistakes haha.

If anybody wants to know about my car (or old car, now), here's the link to my latest thread -

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?704714-Farewell-RB-It-s-Been-Lovely-*Pic-Heavy*

Have a flick through that - comments and criticisms welcome, as always!

Anyway. Thanks for having me, and I hope to speak to you.. or even meet you in future!

Matt Siddle

Hey Matt,

When will you be here and what area are you staying? You should try to come along to your pizza nights in crows nest.

Sent from the Internet.

Welcome mate!

I have a feeling I was the one who told you to come over here and have a look around - if so, nice one!

When will you be arriving and what area will you be living? There are quite a few Brits here on OZRS already so I'm sure you won't feel too far from home 8)

Let us know what we can help you with.

Welcome mate, good to see some more European heads on Ozrs :)

Sweet 182 by the way.

welcome - but bring ya toothbrush ..... you will never want to go home !

Amen to that.. I was originally meant to be here for a year.. Nearly 4 now :-/

Thanks guys,

I'll make sure to keep checking on here for regular meets etc, then I'll find a way to get to one!

Whats that Pizza one? I like pizza. Ha.

Welcome mate!

I have a feeling I was the one who told you to come over here and have a look around - if so, nice one!

When will you be arriving and what area will you be living? There are quite a few Brits here on OZRS already so I'm sure you won't feel too far from home 8)

Let us know what we can help you with.

Hahaa, yep you were! Great shout :wink:

I fly on the 13th of August and arrive in Sydney on the 15th. The plan so far is to meet a lad I went to university with, and probably stay in hostels for a couple of weeks until we find work. He's been travelling and working for 6 months so hopefully he'll know a thing or two.

I think at the moment he's in central Sydney somewhere, but like I said it'll just be a case of staying somewhere we can find! I know he's looking for work that contributes to his second year visa, as he loves it out there, so I'll probably end up doing the same (maybe look for construction work).

We'll be in sydney for about 3/4 months I think, until December time, then we'll probably be packing up and galavanting off somewhere, so I might even be able to meet quite a few of you if you're all scattered around.

Thanks for all the replies lads, such a friendly welcoming!

Matt

Sounds good, Matt! Aus is an awesome place to travel - wish I could do more of it! I have 2 mates, born & raised in Sydney, who've taken off around Aus with their missus' for 12 months - sounds epic.

What kind of construction work are you looking for? Labouring? Or a trade? Should be a few connections on here.

Sounds good, Matt! Aus is an awesome place to travel - wish I could do more of it! I have 2 mates, born & raised in Sydney, who've taken off around Aus with their missus' for 12 months - sounds epic.

What kind of construction work are you looking for? Labouring? Or a trade? Should be a few connections on here.

Absolutely anything mate!

I'm not qualified in a specific trade, well.. Except for my family's business in Car Valeting/Detailing. So just labouring would do me fine.

I'm a hard grafter like, so like you've said, if anyone does have any connections for work that'd contribute towards my visa that'd be great!

• 1 month later...