Sydney RS Clio owner

leif

Hi all!

My name is Leif and I own a '03 RS Clio 172. Bought the car off a Clio enthusiast about 12 months ago.

Only mods are a 2" exhaust and a set of 16" cup wheels.

Funny, I only found out about the RS Clios when one appeared at a track day I went to in the old car... After asking a few questions I was very impressed - it was lapping as quick as quite a few turbo cars with big horsepower advantages. I didn't know then but I now know it was a 182 cup!

I originally bought the Clio as a way to discourage me from track driving but still own something that was a bit of fun. After taking the Clio for a fang on a few country roads, I want to get back on the track in it! Keen to read around the forum and learn a few hints and tips!

Hi all!

I originally bought the Clio as a way to discourage me from track driving but still own something that was a bit of fun. After taking the Clio for a fang on a few country roads, I want to get back on the track in it! Keen to read around the forum and learn a few hints and tips!

Welcome Leif (Danish?) ... I don't think there was ever much hope that the Clio was going to discourage your from driving more, enjoy!

Hey R182, i'm named after a Norwegian fella so yep you're on the right track. And yeah, as soon as I took the car for a couple of spirited runs I knew I'd be driving it more rather than less.

I honestly think these Clios are of the better kept secrets on the used car market! Why on earth would I pay 15k+ for a 2001 Integra Type R when I can get an RS Clio, which is the same style of car and arguably better in a lot of categories, for half that much?!

I'm probably preaching to the converted here haha

Hi all!

Welcome Leif (Danish?) ... I don't think there was ever much hope that the Clio was going to discourage your from driving more, enjoy!