Hello

Daz7

Hey everyone.

I'm currently looking at purchasing a Clio 200 sport, took one for a test drive recently and just loved it.

So, at this point I'm keen to know if theres much difference between the versions from 2010 to new. To me it appears the special versions are just colour/trim and maybe wheel tyre package differences whilst the car itself hasn't altered at all. Sound correct?

I'm just of two minds at present on whether to buy new or get a low k example. Prices seem all over the place for both new and used examples.

thanks! Darryl

Welcome Daz.

There are many differences between the 2010 200s (Cup and Trophee),the new versions (Cup, Angel & Demon and Redbull) and the Limited Edition versions along the way (20th Anniversary & Aus Grand Prix).

There are no mechanical differences though with all have the Cup suspension set up.

The differences are interior - seats, leather, bluetooth, keyless entry etc etc - and exterior - wheels, tyres, paint, spoilers, stickers.

My suggestion would be to research which versions has what, decide which is your favourite and then go searching for one!

Good luck.

Agreed with Walkie on this matter but keep in mind that the Trophee model is aimed more as a touring car and not a track car with nice wheels and lovely interior but no RS Monitor fitted.

However, it can be turned to a track car very easily if that is your intention.

The only mod I have done is upgrade the speakers and it's ideal for me now. (My wing was factory fitted and the decals and window tint by the previous owner) I encourage you to find a nice low k model if you can and save a motza as long as it's well cared for.

Welcome Daz!

It's essentially the same car just garnished in a different way.

If you're thinking about going used, I believe Nath's Liquid Yellow Cup Trophee is still for sale - premium paint, cloth Recaro's, keyless start & entry, one enthusiast owner.

Thanks guys,

Is there somewhere that lists the specs for each version?

I've seen the Redbull and Angel and Demon versions and we test drove a 20th Anniversary on the weekend.

Couldn't fault the 20th Anniversary on the test drive, it felt really tight for a vehicle a couple of years old with 30k on the clock. That just twigged the 2nd hand option thought as I've seen a couple with low k's on for the midish 20k range.

Some of the unique features of the 'ltd edit' specials;-

20TH - pearl white paint, black roof, black speedlines, recaros, anthracite body trim, roof spoiler, decals

AGP - pearl LY paint, black roof, black speedlines, recaros, rs monitor, roof spoiler

A&D - matt paint, black roof, leather recaros, black 18's, rs monitor, projectors, roof spoiler

RED BULL - pearl black paint, black 18's, rs monitor, recaros, LY body trim, roof spoiler, decals

GORDINI - unique blue paint, blue raiders, rs monitor, projectors, leather std seats, white body trim, roof spoiler, decals

All specials have keyless/proximity key & most have a ltd edit build plate.

Thanks Steve, your a legend.

Just came across the Angel and Demon suspension for sale thread that suggests it will only fit post Aug 2011 cars.

http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=23969

Did suspension alter after this time? I had thought that from Aug 2010 onwards the cars where all the same chassis wise and components were identical.

Thanks Steve, your a legend.

Just came across the Angel and Demon suspension for sale thread that suggests it will only fit post Aug 2011 cars.

http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=23969

Did suspension alter after this time? I had thought that from Aug 2010 onwards the cars where all the same chassis wise and components were identical.

The top mount designed changed in mid-late 2011, with different bolt spacings, meaning the suspension is not transferable.

The Cup suspension settings and everything else is the same though.

My suggestion would be to research which versions has what, decide which is your favourite and then go searching for one!

Good luck.

That is an absolute lie! Your suggestion would be a 20LE for sure :wink:

Fantastic looking Limited Edition. Do it!

• 4 weeks later...