New from Melbourne

Psynapse

Hi guys!

I've recently become the proud owner of a RS 265, and i'm absolutely loving it thus far!

As i'm sure most of you know, the sound system isn't the most amazing bit of kit ever, so yesterday I had the speakers upgraded and a Sub and amplifier fitted... Quite a little upgrade!!

Anyway, I guess i'll see you all around!

Cheers,

Glenn

Hi guys!

I've recently become the proud owner of a RS 265, and i'm absolutely loving it thus far!

As i'm sure most of you know, the sound system isn't the most amazing bit of kit ever, so yesterday I had the speakers upgraded and a Sub and amplifier fitted... Quite a little upgrade!!

Anyway, I guess i'll see you all around!

Cheers,

Glenn

Hey congrats on the new car, quick question did u have to change the head unit in order to instal an amp? Does the standard head unit have pre outs for an external amp?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys, sorry that I haven't been on to answer your questions!!

You don't need to upgrade/replace the head unit to get the stereo upgraded. Not sure of the specifics, but Freeway Audio in Malvern did a great job in getting it done. Prepare to have a head unit in the boot, as the space under the seats isn't enough to fit one there! Mine is located behind the sub, on the back of the smaller rear seat section. You can't even see it, a really clean install, so it's a non issue to me.

I wouldn't suggest doing the install yourself, unless you are a professional that is.

In answer to someone elses question, I upgraded from a VY II Clubsport R8. The pure rawness of the car and the handling and control that the 265 has is out of this world, any 265 owner would agree with me!

Really sorry that I haven't posted pics of the car or the install, but I promise I'll get onto it on my next day off!!

Cheers,

Glenn

• 2 months later...