Delicious Silver 172

acidwestern

Hi

My name is Riley and I am happy to inform you lovely folk of my news.

I just bought a delicious 172. Getting its roadworthy done this week and I pick up the beauty next Sunday.

Big thanks to the all the fellas on this forum, the various posts and threads all about the Clios, helped me heaps, made the decision 172 times easier.

I am in Melbourne, in the South East suburbs, and thought I'd ask whether anyone can recommend any great mechanics. I know of Auto Paris in Box Hill, but not too many others.

Look forward to sharing some pics soon!

Cheers

Should probably change my signature now!

Hi

I just picked up a silver 172 as well :mrgreen: (originally from Newcastle). I live in Doncaster but have used Virage Motors on recommendation from forum members. Karl seems very fair and knowledgable on the car and prices have been very reasonable.

Is your 172 a daily driver, project car or track day weapon?

Welcome, and congrats on the purchase.

There's also Alpine Affaire in Ringwood, and Rob at Barry Bourke Renault in Berwick is very familiar and knowledgeable with the older RS models too.

Hope to see you at the next Melbourne gathering. I have heard rumours of something planned for late Nov so keep an eye on the Social section.

Cheers fellas, might check out Alpine Affaire or Berwick come service time.

It'll be my daily drive, mostro, but then again it most likely won't get driven every day, and I don't cover many k's.

Yeah I'll keep an eye out for that Dish, that would be awesome!

Good stuff Agger5,

Yeah I have read all about the things to watch out for, getting it off a nice bloke who works for Renault. It's been treated like a queen!

I looked at a couple before I got this one, none could compare to it...

Welcome! I also picked up a silver 172 a couple of months ago. Makes me smile every time I get in it. :)

I had it in at Virage last week to check a potential oil pressure problem (turned out to be a sticky switch). I had a few good chats with Carl, who certainly seems to know his stuff and prices are reasonable.

Cheers guys, I may try Virage when it comes time, sounds like the travel might be worth it.

Does anyone know how much Barry Bourke in Berwick charge, i am guessing because they are an actual dealer they may be more pricey. Although I am happy to pay a little more for good service, as long as it isn't silly.

Where exactly in the SE suburbs are you?

I am down in Dandenong

• 3 months later...

Cheers wolf,

Thanks for your help with the tie rods and what not, pretty glad I didn't have to worry about them in the end :)

I did end up going to Barry Bourke, was pleased with the service and the fellow that looked after me knew his stuff. Price came out at just under 200 for a general service and going over, oil supplied by me...

I'll be in contact for various bits and pieces over the next few months :)