New RS 265 Owner

Mr_RS265

Hey everyone,

Allow me to introduce myself. I m new to the european car scene, as I've been trolling reviews & draining my data limit on youtube videos on Sciroccos, STIs, RS265, 370Z, RX8 & EVOs. I m happy to tell you all I've purchased a RS265Cup in black with 18" RS wheels from WarrickFarm dealership in Sydney last month. However the downside is the car wont be here till Jan at the lastest ( I m hoping it comes before Christmas ). Reason being I've opt for full leather interior with eletric, memory, heat & armrest adjustments instead of the more expensive Trophee with Recaros and these have to be done back in France as theres no stock in Australia for that option :( . Not that I m dissin the Recaros but its just personal perference here :o

Im a Jap ricer at heart & my wish list of autos above are all capable & competent road machines with similar price catergory except 370Z. By no means I m an AWD or RWD fan boy but I've always had skepticism on FWDs. After road testing all the vehicles in my wish list. I was taken back how thirlling the RS265 around tight sweeping corners on a sunday session at my local dealer. No RWD at that price range can turn in bents that sharply and tuck the back in by applying more throttle to punch thur the corners. There & then I decided this is the car for me. The LSD, seperate suspensions & damper works perfectly to make this thing a wolf in sheepskin.

I really like the fact that you can disengage the eletronics assists. It comes in handy for true driving experience or trackdays maddness. I also dig that it doesnt have the boy racer appeal which cops luvs but rather a quite subtle sporty feel.

Oh God, dont start me with the RS monitor. I need a new set of eyes just to constantly look at it.

There are 2 things I m disappointed about the car, 1stly the center console does look a little cheap by todays standard ( thats just my opinion ). 2nd is i m sure u all agree is the exhaust note, the stock can only growls when you at high end. The silencer will come straight off when I get my dirty hands on it.

I understand this is still a FWD and torque steer will still happens at the odd occasion on unknown, uneven & bumpy roads. I guess as drivers we just have to be on top our own game. ( thoughs & experience from current & RS250 owners )

I look forward meeting the Sydney folks & others n cant wait for a group outings.

I also ride sportsbikes and im member of Yamaha R6 forum, so any bikers dont be shy come and say Hi

Welcome mate!

Sounds like you've made the right choice and know what you're on about 8)

There's a small meet this Sunday to pick up forum stickers and cards but there's liable to be something a bit bigger soon in Nov/Dec, definitely before Christmas.

Hope you can survive the wait for your new beast :mrgreen:

Welcome tothe club

With respect to your "torque steer" question, you will get a little tugging at the wheel occasionally to remind you which end is doing the driving, but to call it torque steer is almost over stating it really. Compared to a Mazda 3 MPS or a Alfa 147GTA, it has negligible torque steer. And for such a simple rear suspension setup, I've only ever had the suspension caught out once or twice on really bumpy roads. The people at Renaultsport really are very clever with suspension tuning.

For an instant hit of exhaust burble, remove the centre muffler. It'll probably cost you less than $150 to get somebody to remove it for you. Plenty of posts on here for doing that.

Thanks for the welcome guys.

I m pretty sure I made the rite choice picking the RS. Where/what time is this meeting on Sunday walkie86? I will drop in if I have nothing else on and its not in the middle of nowhere.

Cant hardly wait steve11, its like im a kid in the candy store but I cant reach those dam candies :o.

I dont know what to do for the next 8-12 weeks other than continuously droolin over my laptop & work computer looking at pictures and videos of the car :(

Thanks for your feedback RBH58, as I have 0% experience piloting performance FWD. I know the car is stable enough on most roads & even in the wet till you get heart attacks by going full throttle on bumpy bits but thats expected i guess. The exhaust noise is no biggy, it can be address easily ( was just venting in my 1st ever post ) :)

Welcome, great choice on car and spec, the leather non recaro's look fantastic

Torque steer? What's that?

It's something no Ph3 RSM driver needs to worry about :)

Mine torque steers!

Mine torque steers!

No high powered FWD vehicle is going to have steering that is completely uncorrupted, but the Megane copes incredibily well. I remember a early 80's Cordia Turbo where if you didn't hold the wheel firmly with both hands, it turned left. And compared to a 3 MPS or a 147GTA, the Megane exhibits a slight tugging at the wheel.

Welcome, great choice on car and spec, the leather non recaro's look fantastic

Torque steer? What's that?

It's something no Ph3 RSM driver needs to worry about :)

Mine torque steers!

Yeah, tbh mine torque steers a bit, but the main time I notice is when changing speed on the cruise control or turning it off.

Other times I'd call it LSD-steer :wink:

thanks for the welcome again guys, well I guess I will get to fully experience it when I m finally behind the wheel. I will take some pics of it when I take delivery before I pop its cherry lol.

Just off topic, I have been reading Vinyl Wrapping post from MJH and would like to know if anyone or know someone has done a complete outside wrapping of their car ( any vehcile ) with this mob Carbon Demon Sydney http://carbonfibrevinylwrap.net.au.

I have read about them on another forums and their reputation seems legit enough. I really dig the complete matte black look and if these wraps are as good as they crack up to be then I m seriously thinking having it done. It just looks so good and different and I want it like I want Miranda Kerr. I m gonna give that mob some questions time this week to sell me their product. Just wanna to know if anyone has any good & bad experience.

cheers guys

apology in advance to moderators if this should be under a different thread

Mate, it's your intro thread you can ask what you like 8)

I've only heard good things about Carbon Demon - PM gsxrboy on here, he had his roof done.

Welcome to the forum and the world of RENAULTSport.

I know you will enjoy your new car but take care in it.

As far as matt black vinyl wrap? Your black car is going to soak up the heat very badly as it is, putting it in matt black will turn it into an oven. Not good for a leather envelope!

Thanks walkie86, I m gona go check out their workshop and see a completed wrap car in person this week. I think then I can gauge how how good it looks, feel, materials & their workmanship.

Welcome to the forum and the world of RENAULTSport.

I know you will enjoy your new car but take care in it.

As far as matt black vinyl wrap? Your black car is going to soak up the heat very badly as it is, putting it in matt black will turn it into an oven. Not good for a leather envelope!

thanks again

The heat is a very valid point, fortunately I was able to ring the dealer & change the base colour to red instead while keeping my 1st choice of matte black wrapping. Unforunately arrival day is closer to Jan , wat a drag....

thanks for the welcome again guys, well I guess I will get to fully experience it when I m finally behind the wheel. I will take some pics of it when I take delivery before I pop its cherry lol.

Just off topic, I have been reading Vinyl Wrapping post from MJH and would like to know if anyone or know someone has done a complete outside wrapping of their car ( any vehcile ) with this mob Carbon Demon Sydney http://carbonfibrevinylwrap.net.au.

I have read about them on another forums and their reputation seems legit enough. I really dig the complete matte black look and if these wraps are as good as they crack up to be then I m seriously thinking having it done. It just looks so good and different and I want it like I want Miranda Kerr. I m gonna give that mob some questions time this week to sell me their product. Just wanna to know if anyone has any good & bad experience.

cheers guys

apology in advance to moderators if this should be under a different thread

I got a quote recently of $3800 to fully wrap my car in matte white. Be mindful some companies do not wrap the interior door sills etc, might look a little silly matte black on red sills.. just a thought.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

BTW... If you haven't found it already there is a biker discussion for us in the Lounge area of the forum right at the bottom of the index page.

• 3 months later...