New RS 250 Cup owner in Brisbane

Noonan

Hi everyone,

Just put my deposit on a MY2011 Megane RS 250 cup in racing yellow. It is completely stock with very low kms. This is my first hot hatch. We test drove the Civic Type R, Golf GTi, Impreza WRX, Megane RS 225, then a 250 Cup. Golf seemed the most practical, RS 250 the most fun.

After a bit of a wait we found this Megane nearby, test drove it to confirm all was in order and we pick it up tomorrow. Only things I've got planned are Osram nitebreaker plus bulbs, the official accessory coat hanger head rest mount, black wheel nut covers and a full detail and paint protection. Might look into getting a tyre pressure monitor too, but that'll be it. Any suggestions for a TPMS system for a Cup?

I've planned a drive up to Mount Tambourine for its maiden run, but might end up doing Mount Nebo and Glorious if I can't wait.

The forum has been a great resource and I look forward to taking part and expanding the Brisbane contingent.

James

Hi everyone,

Just put my deposit on a MY2011 Megane RS 250 cup in racing yellow. It is completely stock with very low kms. This is my first hot hatch. We test drove the Civic Type R, Golf GTi, Impreza WRX, Megane RS 225, then a 250 Cup. Golf seemed the most practical, RS 250 the most fun.

James

Welcome! That wasn't the yellow cup at Metro Renault, Lutwyche Road, Windsor by any chance was it?

Nope, private sale. The car is safely tucked away in the garage; a few tense moments up our steep driveway...

Thinking I need to pick up some touch up paint for a stone chip and a boot liner too, any suggestions?

I'm also planning on getting a large capacity low-profile USB drive to keep in the slot with the flap closed, anyone doing this. I figure it would look a lot neater than an iPod cable sticking out.

Pics this afternoon.

James

Hi James,

Brisneyland : home for the new wave of RS enthusiasts. :mrgreen:

Will see you up top now and then i'm sure... and/or organised drives.

Anyways, send me an email as i'll be happy to help source whatever parts you need.

From overseas, or local if need be.

As for Osram nightbreakers, i'd recommend the Philips or Osram plus 100%. Work great on Car or bike (especially).

www.powerbulbs.co.uk

or

www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk

are 2 that i use when i'm chasing lights.

Cheers,

WOLF