I Dont own a Renault....

4ABHGE

Hey fellas,

I dont own a renault... although it does share some similarities between old generations of said car brand.

Its a lunch box, FWD lots of fun and likes to break stuff... :mrgreen:

- Blows head gaskets more than it blows smoke (it blows alot of smoke.)

- Chews wheel bearings for breakfast

- Has a cancerous substance called rust

- Rips mad skids around winton. (Did a 1:49.599 on KU36's with previous motor)

Its an AE82 Corolla equipped with a smallport 4AGE with 100kw!

The car weighs in at 900 kilos so its enough to propel it along.

Mod list includes:

- Coilovers

- Rear sway bar

- Sticky tyres for track work and ok tyres for daily use

- Cusco rear strut brace

- TRD Headgasket (because of previously mentioned shenaniganry)

- PVC CAI - because abbreviations are RAD. << thats not an abbreviation, just in capitals for emphasis.

- Eaxhaust leak for extra killawasp noises and fumes in the cabin

- RARE OEM AS F*CK interior with 8 different colours minimum, you can count 9 with the stain on the rear seat, but i have no reat seat so you cant.

- Nardi wheel and skink2 almost-half-kilo shift knob

- Bride seats for extra cools and hugs for when im forever alone.

PICS:

imgp8945e.jpg

imgp8758y.jpg

imgp8637g.jpg

imgp8631.jpg

imgp8613.jpg

imgp8591.jpg

In all seriousness, I love my car and wont be parting with it (its an odd relationship of love and hate, i know) and I cant afford a renault which is relevant to my interests, so Ill just trawl (sometimes troll) your forums and drool over your rides if you dont mind. I can be quiet and in the corner. dont mind me!

Cheers!

Justin

welcome . that model was a very good corolla , very well balanced handling if i recall, just like a RS .

and we have a member on here called Aitch who loves corollas , you'll get on fine . we have a lot of fun with him . we also have a member who likes AE 86 , which history shows were totally inferior to the excellent AE82 but somehow get all the fame these days

we'll be at winton for the nats later this year , drop by and say hello .

Welcome. I have owned a few AE82's over the last 15 years and like them.. Just about brought a NZGT liftback last week.

My last NZGT.

Copyofmynewcar2-1.jpg

CleanGT2.jpg

CleanGT.jpg

Had one too - my 2nd car. Had the lego grill and the side moldings were red but otherwise the same. Awesome car mate. Good to see the TWIN CAM 16 stickers still intact :)

I shifted mine not long before the first Renault (which is much more resistant to rust).

Again, welcome to our forums! Justin is one of my buddies form the Toyota Owners Club :) I use to own a heavily modified Toyota Corolla Sportivo 05 model. Back in the days I'd meet up with the guys at almost every social meet and have a good ol yarn. They're really good people. Since selling my rolla I stopped meeting up with the guys due to work commitments and the like. BUT! In March this year I thought I'd drop into the forums and say hello and found a new generation of members which I now meet up with from time to time. Haven't gone on a drive day since back in the rolla days but we do have a fang around the area now and then or when we're going for the late night kababs :P

Thanks for signing up Justin. I'm sure you'll like it here, they're great bunch of guys and they're always eager to help out with any questions.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the welcome guys, good to see some 82 fans :D

Thanks whitejet, im liking this place already :wink: Should be good meeting up with you blokes, something other than Toyotas will be a nice change :P

Getting ready for a couple of track days over the next few months, so i fitted some semis on and have started fixing all my oil leaks lol

Some more pics:

7567097268_f95f68a048.jpg

IMGP9562 by JustinLakos3, on Flickr

7567103632_2bda744e37.jpg

IMGP9592 by JustinLakos3, on Flickr

7567104794_604d383be4.jpg

IMGP9685 by JustinLakos3, on Flickr