Newish RS225 in Melbourne!

pricey

Hey all! I've been around the forum for a while just doing a bit of research and thought it would be a good time to say hi! :hyper:

I bought my Orange Renault 225 around 6 months ago after always loving the 225 but never parting with the cash. So for the last 6 months I've just been getting to know my car inside and out, which includes finding out about all the little renault annoyances (Yep I had to get a new electric window motor too :x ). Apart from that, you learn to live with any little rattles, because wow they look good and being my first turbo car (after a 93 pulsar), it feels like a fair upgrade, along with better steering and comfy seats.

So, after 6 months and realising I still enjoy my car, I thought about ways to make it a little 'more' enjoyable. First off was making it sound a little more fun. So I purchased a pod and some pipes and now I can finally hear the induction. I realise some of you don't care for pod filters, although if you want to hear your car and don't want to spend a fortune, you can't go past it. Knowing this wouldn't give me power gains my next thought turned straight to the RSTuner. It arrived last week, installed today and ummm WOW! :dance: What a difference. As everyone says, best purchase for your car and they aren't wrong.

So that's all I've done for the moment, looking to paint my silver bottle cap wheels black and maybe lower the suspension, but time, money and the need for a holiday will tell.

Also have to say a big thanks to BenG for helping with the filter, he really know's his stuff!

Cya on the forum :popcorn:

Welcome mate. Glad to hear you're enjoying the Meg. Pics please!

Welcome dude! Lol @ little annoyances like ur temporamental windows and ASR...

Hahaha, yes, forgot about that. Turns out disconnecting one's battery stops the windows from working and switches off the ASR for while the car learns how to use them again. So weird

Welcome! Nice choice of colour too. Yes, I'm on my 2nd Renault now. My first one was a humble Megane II 1.6 Manual which I experienced power window issues and rapidly flashing indicators :roll: , but with my current RS there have been no major problems (touch wood!!) apart from my CD stacker which keeps spitting out the discs and a noisy aircond compresor (anyone with a similar experiences?).

But apart from those minor idiosyncrasies (which I quickly learned to live with) the car is rather endearing and there is hardly a dull moment behind the wheel. There is not much else out there that can offer a combination of driving pleasure, pin sharp handling, safety and performance for the money :dance:

Enjoy the RS experience!! :D

Nice shots! Good to see the bonnets on the VXRs up and not the Megane's :wink:

Welcome! Nice choice of colour too. Yes, I'm on my 2nd Renault now. My first one was a humble Megane II 1.6 Manual which I experienced power window issues and rapidly flashing indicators :roll: , but with my current RS there have been no major problems (touch wood!!) apart from my CD stacker which keeps spitting out the discs and a noisy aircond compresor (anyone with a similar experiences?).

But apart from those minor idiosyncrasies (which I quickly learned to live with) the car is rather endearing and there is hardly a dull moment behind the wheel. There is not much else out there that can offer a combination of driving pleasure, pin sharp handling, safety and performance for the money :dance:

Enjoy the RS experience!! :D

Cheers deshb, always good to upgrade your car. You're right, value for money and pure enjoyment is hard to beat. Look forward to hearing more about your RS experiences down the track also!

Haha you're not wrong Walkie!

Thanks griffyn, will look into it, I'm still undecided about painting or purchasing a set of cup rims like yours. Decisions, decisions!

Thanks griffyn, will look into it, I'm still undecided about painting or purchasing a set of cup rims like yours. Decisions, decisions!

If you're keen on sticking to the 17"s, I'm selling a set of wheels that will fit. Let me know if you're interested:

IMG_9396.jpg

Welcome! Great to have another member on board (without a 250 LOL)

I'm certain I've seen your car around the traps prior to your purchase - a more mature fella had it, perhaps with a beard?

As for nemz's suggestion, I don't think I've seen a 225 fitted with the wheels from a 200 - would be quite interesting I think.

As for nemz's suggestion, I don't think I've seen a 225 fitted with the wheels from a 200 - would be quite interesting I think.

A forum member tried them on his 225 ph1 and they looked really good, and more importantly, cleared the Brembos. The only problem (and reason why they're still for sale), was that with a marginally narrower tyre (215 vs 225), the car looked a little more jacked up and 4wd-ish.

Hence, why I'm willing to hold onto the Contis :)

Haha thanks Dish, I just wanted to be different and own a 225 :P

The guy I bought it off didn't sport a beard but it's been through a couple owners.

I did notice the wheels nemz and thought about it, but I'm really considering going the cup 18s and possibly lowering it, so thinner and jacked up might not work. Thanks for the suggestion but! If I only I had a clio :)

Hi Pricey,

Welcome and happy to see you're enjoying the RS adventure.

Feel free to drop me an email if you need any help sourcing parts, or direction of where to go.

All the best, looking good.

Cheers,

WOLF

• 2 weeks later...
Haha thanks Dish, I just wanted to be different and own a 225 :P

The guy I bought it off didn't sport a beard but it's been through a couple owners.

I did notice the wheels nemz and thought about it, but I'm really considering going the cup 18s and possibly lowering it, so thinner and jacked up might not work. Thanks for the suggestion but! If I only I had a clio :)

I know where that car is from. The guy who owned it lived in the same street as a friend of mine in Blackburn North. It was always parked in front of the house he lived. The house is now demolished and come to think of it, I haven't seen the car there for months now! Well now I know where it's gone!

Welcome anyway buddy. Enjoy the car.

• 3 weeks later...