Newbie RS250 Monaco GP Owner

veegin

Hi to all, Belated intro, been veiwing this site that offers great info since purchasing my RS 250 Monaco GP edition last year but have'nt had a chance to say hello till now.

Looking forward to meeting the other RS fans sometime in the future.

All the best. 8)

Welcome! SAAB convert :wink:

A Viggen no less! So I guess you have forearms like Popeye then?

Thanks for the warm welcome and compliments about my forearms. I have been a RS 250 convert since taking a test drive and purchasing back in October 2011. An awesome car to drive and own.

Welcome mate!

Good to hear you're enjoying the new car. Does your number plate end in 888 by any chance?

Thanks for the welcome, it is a great car to drive sedately and also if you need to have some fun .

No they don't end with 888, my plates are not personalised.

Hi and welcome.

Pics when possible and as above...go the story.

Cheers,

WOLF

front.jpg

This is the actual car,the photo was taken from when I bought hence no plates, I need to take some shots when I get a chance and post.

I live in the northern suburbs of Melbourne and purchased in Berwick. Because of the distance, I caught two trains that took me 1hr 30min to collect the car and 1hr to drive home but had the biggest grin all the way home. I have not seen any other RS 250's around my area, it's kind of cool having a car no one else in the local area has and continuing the tradition of my previous rides, that's a great part of the overall experience of owning a RS250.

Update:Here are a couple of recent shots

SAM_1296.JPG

SAM_1297.JPG

Welcome!!! (How's the TomTom going???)

Hi There. I have used it only a few times in areas that have more established streets, as where I work there are alot of new streets that don't appear, so I use my iphone. But the speed cam alerts are useful and the RS250 car on the screen while travelling is cool. :D

Make sure you update it within the first 3 months as it's free. I forgot, amidst all the fun of a new car purchase, and now it's missing new streets and a lot of the indicated speed limits are wrong.

Thanks for the advice but like you amidst all the fun, I am over the 3 months, so I 'll need to check out the updated maps :oops:

• 2 weeks later...

The Monaco sure is a great looking thing :) Great pics!

I too had to travel a bit of a distance to pick mine up and had a riot completing a half loop of Sydney in order to get her home :)

3 months later, I'm still staring at Google Maps plotting new routes. Hell, late on Sunday night I had to do an emergency run down to Wollongong for a family emergency. At 10:30 on the way I home, I totally missed the turn off to Bulli Pass and the Freeway and had 40km to turn around before hitting the Royal National Park .... but I didn't :lol:

Welcome!

The Monaco sure is a great looking thing :) Great pics!

I too had to travel a bit of a distance to pick mine up and had a riot completing a half loop of Sydney in order to get her home :)

3 months later, I'm still staring at Google Maps plotting new routes. Hell, late on Sunday night I had to do an emergency run down to Wollongong for a family emergency. At 10:30 on the way I home, I totally missed the turn off to Bulli Pass and the Freeway and had 40km to turn around before hitting the Royal National Park .... but I didn't :lol:

Welcome!

Thanks Raindancer. 8) The pics were just with taken quickly, I would like to post some more when I can get a chance, the pearlescent white with black really shows off the cars detail.

Its obvious that picking up your RS also provided a great thrill of ownership.

For a minute though I thought you also had gps and did'nt upgrade your maps on purpose to miss your turn off :lol: