RS250 Cup in Townsville

gjuu

Welcome and congratulations :D

Guessing yours is the only one in town?

Apparently there are 3 others in town - according to the sales guy - but i have not seen one yet

You have to remember whiltst 99.9% of the cars are commodores or falcons...they are SS utes or XR6/8 as we have a heap of Army guys and Mining guys with buckets of money

Hi Greg,

Good to see some RS action up north. Cheers for sharing the pics too.

Keep us posted with feedback after some ownership time.

- btw, modding at all?

WOLF

lol - i have promised myself to leave it alone for as long as i can and i have to say with the std handing, brakes and power i might just be able to this time.

After the bmw i was over modding cars for a while and that is why i got the gti....but of course the polo needed a swaybar for better cornering, and a better tune, and the SMIC wasn't overly effective as the forge FMIC up here in the tropics and the stereo was lame and a carPC was better...well you get the picture...

Welcome and congrats, I saw a LG 250 in Townsville when I was up there last month so you're not alone!

Yes - i have seen a Grey one and a White Monaco (owned by someone at the dealership)

With the end of year army redeployments - who knows there may be more in the new year.....

• 5 years later...

Thread dig....

Back in a rs.
After a couple of years in a Polo GTI (yes another one but a 6R this time) I picked up this rs265 with 20k on the clock and 2.5 years warranty left.

These don't come up for sale up here at all, so when I spotted it in a car yard I just had to take it for a test drive.... And of course that was game over. So good to be driving one of these again.

It has a few scars on the interior and some stone chips but proper service history, low KMs, and warranty for the right price I practically bought it on the spot.IMAG0292~2.jpg

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

• 1 month later...

I just spent three weeks in Ayr while working on the Clare solar farm and was searching for Renaults in far north qld, the only thing I found was another frenchy, a Goat 205si for $300, I would of popped on it but they had no wheels for it