Never considered a Renault....until today

Honest Gaza

Hi all. Previous owner of Ford XR6T....loved it. Current owner of Mazda 6 Luxury Sports Hatch.....it's a nice car.

Have been looking to replace the Mazda with an XR6T, F6 FPV...or a Ford Focus RS. So while looking at many reviews over the last few weeks on the Ford Focus RS, last night I stumbled on a Video Review of the Renault Megane RS250. WOW....nice looking car !!!

Not overly impressed with the central console from internet viewings, but decided to go and see one in the flesh today.

Very nice. Even got to take one for a test drive (after the Salesman showed me what it was capable of :shock: ). Again, WOW.

So now, it's decisions, decisions, decisions (and I don't think I'll need to take the Focus RS for a test drive).

Welcome Gaza!

There's lots of info on here and a lengthy thread somewhere about the 250 vs Focus RS debate :wink:

Good luck with your decision 8)

WELCOME Garry, you didnt waste time in registering on the forum :P

Good to see you joined our community...

Hope you enjoyed your test drive, and hope it left a memorable impression...

Im sure the OZ Renault Forum community will help influence your decision in your next car purchase...

Wishing you all the best.

Regards,

Joey

Welcome aboard... hope your stay longer rather than shorter and get the keys to a very exciting 250.

You're spot on with the WOW factor, looks and performance covered.

The most addictive part are the way you'll take corners... hell there'll be times you wont even lift off the throttle.

Picky about extras and colour?

Cheers,

WOLF

Welcome aboard, even if it's only while you're shopping. RenaultSport is one of the few performance car divisions I know of that practice what they preach and also build racecars. (Look up the Megane Trophy for an example)

Be careful - everything RenaultSport produces is addictive :twisted: and very few cars can match their level of involvement. There is faster stuff around, and there is more powerful. Nothing seems to match the performance/feedback/useability offered at the moment.

If only they weren't such a small brand in Oz.

Hope you enjoyed your test drive, and hope it left a memorable impression...

Joey

Well you can probably understand that I didn't sleep well last night :P

I must have relayed the adventure very accurately to the Wife. She didn't sleep well either :lol:

Thanks all for the welcome....I think there will be a lot of reading ahead for me.

G'day Gaz, Welcome.

Might just let you in on a little secret. Sitting beside my RS250 in the Garage is an FG FPV F6 Ute, and my other (work) car, an FG XR6T Ute.

Have a guess which one of those three I always want the keys to? What the Turbo Falc's can do in a straight line is no match for the raw white knuckle whooping thrill ride that is the Megane RS250. Full stop, they just don't compare.

Have a guess which one of those three I always want the keys to? What the Turbo Falc's can do in a straight line is no match for the raw white knuckle whooping thrill ride that is the Megane RS250. Full stop, they just don't compare.

There in lies my problem. If this was a weekender I was buying...a no brainer decision. However, 90% of the time this car will be used to drive to-and-from-work (approx 140km's round trip), and primarily on the M7 & M2 "parking lot" of Sydney.....which is a lot of "crawling"....and gear changes.

Obviously, this would be the same problem for the Focus RS, but not the XR6T & FPV F6 (Auto option).

But yes, the RS250 was fun :wink:

So long as you take her for a spin through the twisties on the weekends or every other...then it'll be well worth it.

This is my opinion of course, but pretty sure those moments will leave you wanting more.

Cheers,

WOLF

• 1 month later...

After much debating in my own head....mental backflips of olympic proportions....and numerous occasions of making up my mind (only to change it again)....I finally made a decision today.

Deposit placed on Glacier White Cup Trophee :D

Welcome, I was like yourself never seriously considering a Renault after owning 2 Datsun's and 4 Mazda's. I always had a soft spot for the Megane when they launched the first series many many a moon ago however I quickly changed my mind and within a matter of 5 days had been converted from a Mazda 3 MPS to RS250 Cup Trophy aswell.

Also my everyday travel to work car but also my recreational weekend drive too! One of my best mate's got a Ford Focus, nice car for the most of it but by no means a contender in my mind as a fun car to drive. It was definitely the best decision i've made for a drive in a long long time. Even more fun than my Mazdaspeed MX-3 that I had imported from Japan. Enjoy your ride when it arrives.

Congrats Gaz, To be perfectly honest I didn't think you would be swayed from the XR6T.

Welcome.

Congrats Gaz, To be perfectly honest I didn't think you would be swayed from the XR6T.

Welcome.

You are not far from the mark Danny. At 11:40am Tuesday, I was taking the Wife's XR6 for a drive and I felt like "I was home" everything was just as I like it. At that point I made up my mind that I was going with the XR6T.

At 1:30pm Tuesday I was offered a very attractive deal on the RS250....and I was totally confused all over again. I definitely had my doubts and felt that the XR6T would be the "safer" option.

I rang my Wife and I asked her..."If I buy the RS250, and 3 months from now I don't like it....will you be happy to drive the RS250 and I use the XR6 for work ?"

Guess what her answer was :D

...and that is how I came about my decision.

Picked it up this afternoon :D

2011 Glacier White RS250 Trophee

* Leather Recaros (to get rid of the yellow Seatbelts) :wink:

* Headlight thingys

* Front Sensors

(psssst....don't tell anyone, but I only stalled it once...and that was after I got home and talk the kids and wife on 3 separate joy rides :lol: )

Weather permitting, I'll break out the camera during the weekend.

:drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

Danny....you need to start using a bib....looks like the dentist did a number on your bottom lip :P

Puncher, thanks for the kind words. Luvin' the car (although, had to beat the Wife out of bed so I could take it to work today).

Gaz I had to look twice..

I thought you said you had to beat your wife to get to the RS250 :lol: I was initially shocked!

Then I read again and it made more sense, or less, depending on how much you love the RS250 :lol:

Jokes!!! :D

• 2 weeks later...

That's some fancy ass sh#t right there :wink:

That's some fancy ass sh#t right there :wink: