New to Renault - Megane RS250

PeteRS250

Hi All

Must be having a mid life French crisis. Just about to get into a white Megane RS250 Cup Trophee with Bi-Xenons, front parking sensors, leather recaros, dark tint and staying with 19s. Hopefully picking up this week. But waiting on the leasing mob to sort the paperwork. Recently bought the Mrs a little Citroen C4 diesel which is awesome and my father just took delivery of a Megane CC. Anyway have been reading about the 250 and took it for a drive with the Mrs. She was impressed and so was I. Did not have to sell it to her. It was the easiest sell on a car ever. Anyway cannot wait and am looking forward to participating in the forum.

Pete

Howdy Pete

Assume this is your first RS given that story. Be careful - my wife demanded one of her own shortly after I got mine and loves it even to the point where she comes out racing... :wink:

Hi All

Thanks for the welcome. Location is Canberra.

Just been browsing the site and looking thru the forums.

Have suggested at home that perhaps we do a track day at Goulburn - lol. After the C4 this is the first froggy car in my garage - but learnt to drive on a 72 Pug 504. The range of cars owned is HG Holden Premier worked over, 1969 Datsun 2000 Sport (went like a cut snake), VH 308 Commodore chaser, Mitsu Galant VR4, XR6 Falc (the closest I have come to a standard family car) and just now moving out of a tuned SS Holden Crewman.

I am worried cause my wife suggested that I look for an appropriate club.....

Pete

Welcome aboard the RS train.

Seems to me now that you've got an RS250 that the crisis... is over.

Heheh.

Sorry if i missed it somewhere, but what colour is the pending beast?

Cheers,

WOLF

I think I saw your whtie 250 at melrose the other day...Looked very nice in white, I'll be keeping an eye out for you on the road!

Thats the one!!!

The white suits an ole fella like me. Had enough reds and yellows in my 20's and 30's and 40's....... :nod:

Just gotta get the window tint done - it will look better.

Flash ur lights if you see me on the road.

Pete

Welcome Pete, and congrats on the 250.

Hi JB

The service experience at least at the sales side was pretty good. They were also helpful in that the tinting had to be done after I had picked the car up so things were good - they supplied another vehicle for the day and it was not their fault. They were far more helpful and motivated than say the local VW guys who really were not interested - we are selling enough Golfs and Polos that you accept what we tell you. Also we purchased the Citroen locally and the dealer in that case was also good. Showed enough interest but not overwhelming with the sales bs.

Pete

Hi All

Impressions since I got the new toy:

It is quick in a straight line but not quite in the league of an Ford F6 Typhoon. May look at a chip or power up options but dont want it loud

Sticks like sh#%t to a blanket - awesome.

A bit hard to learn all the controls - but I am not a gen y so I have an excuse. But now reasonably familiar.

Speedo needle in red is hard to see.

Leather recaros sensational

Dont know about it being a chick magnet but it sure gets a lot of looks - nobody knows what it is. More of a headturner than a Porsche (IMHO). Had a car do a u turn to come back and look when the Mrs and kids were sitting in it while parked and another car with a couple of women in it did the speed up slow down routine.

People in the know are blown away by it.

It is good on the fuel after the crewman-averaging 10.1l per 100km which includes a couple of blats up the local mtns.

I made the right decision.

Pete

Hi pete, will agree with the F6 comment. We have an FG F6 310 ute as well, it is dynamite in a straight line but has terrible trouble gripping. And around corners, it's very rolly and boat like. The Meg would murder it. I'd take the keys to the Meg any day before the F6 keys.. The F6 is what I drive if I want to be lazy..

Ps out the front of City Auto's tuesday, a postman came up to my car and started taking photos of it :) they do get a lot of attention!!

Hi All

Impressions since I got the new toy:

It is quick in a straight line but not quite in the league of an Ford F6 Typhoon. May look at a chip or power up options but dont

Wait 'til you get at least 1,000km on the clock. Totally different beast to a brand newie in my experience :headbang:

Hi pete, will agree with the F6 comment. We have an FG F6 310 ute as well, it is dynamite in a straight line but has terrible trouble gripping. And around corners, it's very rolly and boat like. The Meg would murder it. I'd take the keys to the Meg any day before the F6 keys.. The F6 is what I drive if I want to be lazy..

Ps out the front of City Auto's tuesday, a postman came up to my car and started taking photos of it :) they do get a lot of attention!!

Hi Danny.

The F^6 I was in was scary fast in a straight line. But as you say very rolypoly in the twisties - thought I was gunna die. Just no confidence whatsoever. The MRS250 really does attract some attention. The 2 I mentioned in my quote were just some of the highlights but there are heaps of others rubber necking :D

Pete