RS Megane dCi says hi

PerfoHub

Now that I am onto my 2nd Renaultsport, I thought it would be rude not to join!

My current ride is an RS Megane dCi 175 and it replaced my beloved RS Clio 172. Given the Km's I do, a diesel made sense but I was nervous about losing the Clio's revvy but torquey perfomance. I need not have worried - having previously won a nobel prize for short shifting, I quickly got use to accessing the engine's mighty low-end torque

And the fuel economy! If you are prepared to believe the trip computer, I average 5.4 l/100km (just over 1000km's per tank). Another bonus is the refinement. Jumping from the Clio to this was a shock. At highway speeds, you just pulling over 2000rpm.

Brembo brakes, sticky Continentals and adhesive handling: it is a wonderful car

Welcome aboard, and I agree. Definitely time to join up and admit your passion for the brand when you're on your second :wink:

The 175 is a curious beast, one of the few I've not driven. Must find time to do that someday!

Rare car, but also one that's hard to spot! Main difference with the 225 Cup is the lack of rear spoiler (which could easily be fitted). I guess you would hear the engine too :wink:

Great car, and one I always thought about owning. Always been a strong believer in Diesel as the way of the future. Trying to convince my parents into a Diesel for the next one...

Welcome!

Welcome aboard indeed.

Good to here of another D sport among us. I am tempted to look for one in the future.

Enjoy and see you around the forum.

Pics please.

Cheers,

WOLF

Rare car, but also one that's hard to spot! Main difference with the 225 Cup is the lack of rear spoiler (which could easily be fitted). I guess you would hear the engine too :wink:

Great car, and one I always thought about owning. Always been a strong believer in Diesel as the way of the future. Trying to convince my parents into a Diesel for the next one...

Welcome!

If you look close the silver brake calipers and non-vented discs are other giveaways. Don't know why they changed them :?:

Hi PerfoHub and welcome to the world of the RSM dCi 175.

I am the other forum owner of a 175, actually my wife drives it now, now that I have the R26

but I must admit I still like driving the 175 and on most routine drives we use it. The drive is much the same as the R26, a little softer ride though, much quieter (if you like quiet) but as you said it pulls like a train but then it does run out of steam. The R26 is a lot different. But enjoy your ride, it is a great car. What colour did you get, is it one of the red ones, mine is blue as in my avatar.

Enjoy the forum.

JP