New 172 Owner

bluee

Hi,

Just wanted to add a quick post to say I have bought myself a 172 after looking for the last 2 months. I'd also like to say thanks for everyone that responded to my previous posts as this helped me when looking for a car, not to mention all the info on the site.

What can I say, I can't wipe the smile off my face when I'm driving the car, it gives me great pleasure and is so much fun. A few friends have had a drive too and they all were very impressed.

The car I bought is a stock 2004 172 in black, no mods at all, has been serviced regulary by previous owner and is in good nic and has 75k on the clock. The inspection report done on the car was good and it hasn't been involved in any accidents. (unlike some other cars I was interested in that had :) )

I may take it to Paul V to give the once over just to ensure everything is in good order as I want to look after this baby.

Bluee.

What can I say, I can't wipe the smile off my face when I'm driving the car, it gives me great pleasure and is so much fun. A few friends have had a drive too and they all were very impressed.

Welcome aboard Bluee. How can your friends possibly not like driving the car, nothing like it really.

Make sure to put up some pics soon..

Howdy Bluee,

I just bought a 172 too and love it. Looks like you found yourself a goodun, well done, they're getting hard to find.

Some of the mods available are very tempting but I do wonder how much more fun they can make the car...Think I'd rather spend the money on keeping the car in tip top original condition.

Hoo roo

Dave

Congrats! Glad we were able to assist in your purchase :wink:

Just a note about Paul V being sick - no word yet as to when he'll be back on deck.

Cheers, and enjoy!

Dish.

Welcome aboard and great purchase.

Good to read a few posts saying to keep priority and look after your Clios. They are great in stock form.

Don't get me wrong, like some mods here and there, but they are gravy on a nice roast beef.

mmmm...roast beef.

Anyways, cheers and keep enjoying lads.

WOLF

Welcome bluue!

Congrats on the purchase. Keep your eye on the social section for any forum events 8)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for everyones kind welcomes.

I've now owned my car for several weeks and can say the smile on my face has not disappeared. I'm very happy with my decision to choose the Clio and can now appreciate the raps it is getting from this site, I love driving it.

I went out to Eastern Creek and met some of the guys and watched them race around like maniacs, looked like great fun, but hard to watch at times as I just I wanted to give it a go too. Thanks Moosey, nice to meet you and always good to put a name to a face.