Its About Time

Azz

It's been almost a year since I knew I wanted an RS clio (mostly thanks to what I've read on this forum), a few weeks ago I was finally in a position where I was ready to buy one, and now I have finally found her (she is a stock 05 182 Cup). Its in great cond, always garaged, steering wheel replaced under warranty, no rattles; the previous owner bought it new and was pained letting it go!

The first few drives were a bit nerve-racking being an auto noob :oops: but after much hopping and stalling (those poor engine mounts :? ) I am now having a blast driving this phenomenal car.

I never seem to see any RS's in my area (The Shire which is south Sydney) so I've noticed a few peoples heads turning probably thinking "what is that thing?!" :lol: I love how unique they are.

First thing I'll be doing is getting the plates restyled into black and white.

Looking forward to attending the next Sydney drive day :D

Aaron

Welcome Azz! The shire is a nice part of the world + you're so close to the Natio and south coast! Awesome.

Hope you keep enjoying the wee beastie 8)

Thanks guys, have just been scrubbing the seat belts. 5 years of use didn't look too great on white seatbelts :lol:

Also went to the motor registry this morning to transfer rego and ditch the yellow crumpled plates so now I don't feel embarrassed sharing some pics :)

Pics (forgive the boring garage setting)

9086ja.jpg

68wnyt.jpg

2ilya6v.jpg

2v944gi.jpg

b3q1a9.jpg

another titanium silver bullet!!! even better!!!

:D love the metallic sparkle in the sun

I know the colour doesn't stand out like the other RS colours do, but that's why I love it. You dramatically reduce your chances of being cop-bait or being induced into a traffic light drag by some ricer. And the nice silver wet-look after a wash is fantastic. Good choice :nod:

another titanium silver bullet!!! even better!!!

:D love the metallic sparkle in the sun

I know the colour doesn't stand out like the other RS colours do, but that's why I love it. You dramatically reduce your chances of being cop-bait or being induced into a traffic light drag by some ricer. And the nice silver wet-look after a wash is fantastic. Good choice :nod:

Yeah I totally agree, I'll personally enjoy that lack of attention, not being a fan of traffic light grand pre and having to park in public areas :)

Polish and wax is on the agenda today if it doesn't rain!

More info Azzman... kms? any mods on the agenda?

Looks so good... you're making me want one again, and mine hasn't even left yet!

Cheers and welcome...again.

WOLF

Well its at 89k right now, not exactly low kms for age (late 05 build, first registered 06) but apparently there was a lot of highway kms with the owner travelling to melbourne and wollongong frequently. The condition of this one was just too good to pass up, I had only seen two other cars, a 2002 172 with 47k, it had been basically used as a shopping cart (female owner) and the minimum amount of money on maintenance had been spent on it to just keep it passing rego inspections. The other was a 2004 172 with 92k, this one was more promising, bodywork and interior in nice condition however leaking hoses and oil around the engine alongside a loud rear vibration noise when driving was enough of a deterrent.

Overall it seemed like the only 172s I could find would need quite a bit of money put into them, so it made sense to pay that bit more to get the younger 182 in perfect working order. (it was actually a very small price difference in the final negotiated prices of the three cars I looked at)

No mods planned for now, as my first sports car I think I'll be taking it easy for a long while yet, also just spending money on trying to get the car to its best - changed the oil last night (thank god for being able to remove that fuel line protector/heatsink because getting to the filter from beneath looked impossible, too many tubes!).

Hope that was enough info for you Wolf :D

Heres an engine bay picture from last night for no particular reason :P

o59wdw.jpg

Aaron

Hey Aaron,

Did you take of the engine cover or not there?

Good info, and great to hear you'll be looking into keeping it in good condition as opposed to modding just yet. A level head indeed.

I am content with your answer and extra info...hehheh.

Cheers,

WOLF

Hey Aaron,

Did you take of the engine cover or not there?

Good info, and great to hear you'll be looking into keeping it in good condition as opposed to modding just yet. A level head indeed.

I am content with your answer and extra info...hehheh.

Cheers,

WOLF

Thanks Wolf, yeah that pic is after doing the oil so the cover/heatsink is off. Decided to give em a degrease and clean while they were off; although it wasn't super effective.

2cft6ir.jpg

2hn25xt.jpg