Hi from another Newbie

mothman

G'day all - I joined your forum last week - & am now waiting for my new RS250 Cup Trophee :hyper: to be delivered in early December (hopefully). I sold my 73 Jensen Interceptor a few weeks ago to make room in my shed for the new arrival.I was over the "classic" & wanted something fast,fun & reliable! I was originally keen on an R26 - but SWMBO was not convinced about the shape (I think pig-ugly was the term she used?). After showing her pics of the new Megane she said 'why don't we get one of those?' - & being the wonderful husband I am - I rang & placed my deposit down the following day :wink:

My last Renault was a 20TS in the early 80s, & an R12 & 1.4Virage prior to that.I had a series II 205 Pug GTI in 91 &

have recently bought an 87 series I GTI as a project car - which is sitting (cylinder) headless in my shed as I type.

I look forward to drive & track days in the future!

Ahem .., I've ordered a yellow one - I kind of like it......

Cheers , Grant

After showing her pics of the new Megane she said 'why don't we get one of those?'

You clever bastard Grant :wink:

Welcome aboard...Jealous much? - shoe betcha i am. :drool:

Very nice pick up...colour and all.

To say enjoy it would be the ultimate definition of "understatement".

Shed...car.... any plans of already modding it somewhere down the track (pun intended)

Cheers and congrats.

WOLF

ps:

- your city

- drive day interest?

- pics asap. :news:

ADMIN:

why does this say i posted at 12:07am tomorrow, when it's 11:07pm 10th Sep? :dance:

G'day Wolf , I might "wait & see" about mods..

I live in East Gippsland in Victoria where we have many good windy roads , & not too many Mr Plods to spoil the fun!!

Road or track drive days would be good..

Cheers , Grant

Welcome! Nice little introduction story!

Anything else in the 'shed' that we might like to know about? 8)

Hope the wait for the new baby isn't too painful :mrgreen:

Well Wolf - you might think that the moniker is because I am of the short arms & long pocketed type - but no , nothing quite so normal .

In our family, it is my wife who gets on the piss on fishing trips to Darwin with her mates - whereas I fly to Central & South America to catch butterflies & moths - it's sort of a childhood hobby gone wrong!

& no - I don't wear safari suits & a pith helmet...

Alex , my shed is reasonably dull , a couple of Triumph bikes , Legend for her , Sprint ST 955i for him &

a 63 Triumph Herald 1200 with Tristan (T-Bar) soft top conversion - the cheapest convertible this side of a can opener!

I have an F6 310 in the driveway - definitely not dull though! ( there is a little bit of bogan in us all..)

Phew - I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition ! (Monty Python circa mid 70s )

3 more months is SUCH a long time to wait for my Megane..............

Cheers , Grant

Welcome to the forum mothman.... 8)

Sounds like you have the sort of shed we would all like to hang out in....I'm sure you'll fit in fine here... its a fairly good bunch :P

I was a bit worried about the username for a while. We knew a person called "The Moth". I believe if she was passing by and saw your lights on, she would drop in.....all the time....like of like a Moth to a light. Anyway, your story is far more interesting..... :wink:

Time will pass excruciatingly slowly until the 250 gets here......then things will just FLY by....I'm sure. :lol:

Cheers - Dave.

Hey Grant,

Welcome mate ... Like you i am waiting for my 250 Cup Trophee ...I have a production date of the 7th of Oct (my wedding anniversary) and a delivery date some time in dec.

I have had a few Renaults also ...my dad had a 20TS also ...what a great car it was.

Again welcome

Dominic

Hi Grant,

Sorry for all the questions...truly interested. Especially the ones in Sth America.

What do you do with them?...for work or where you serious about the hobby.

Look forward to the pics and feedback on the 250 when she fills your garage/shed.

Cheers,

WOLF

ps: safari suit and pith helmet.... cue the video Griffyn :wink:

....yeah, but 'bio' (as we like to call him) is into plantlife, weeds to be exact.

Welcome Mothman :)

Unlike Dave's interpretation of the meaning behind the name, I thought it may have something to do with the paranormal stories of the winged manlike thing seen in the US back in the 60s!

Glad to hear that it has far less creepy origins :D

Congratulations on your purchase decision. I'm sure the next 3 months will be a test of your patience, but you'll be well rewarded.

Cheers, Dish.

Hi Guys - Thanks for your welcoming messages.

Hey - are we there yet?? - I want my RS NOW!! (please) :cry:

Nothing creepy about the moniker , I just have a morbid interest in travelling around the world , catching & killing stuff & bringing it home to study - what's weird about that?? :oops:

So this "bio" is into weed eh?

I am far too responsible for such matters - certainly I never inhaled , ( & BTW I did not have sexual relations with that woman - but that's another story....)

I've spent the weekend rebuilding my old 205GTI , & am proud of myself for pulling her apart , getting the head skimmed & replacing the head gasket , putting her back together - & she actually works!

She's an 87 pre power steering model , & with 306S16 alloys & a ridiculous 12" sport steering wheel - I'm going to have to join the gym & develop forearms like Popeye to drive her!(maybe a sensible tiller is a better option?)

Cheers , Grant

Hi Moosey ,

I bought a series 2 GTI new in '91 - & loved it! I used it as my work vehicle & it was a hoot to drive on the windy country roads of my district. It was a bit of a Q car here in Eastern Victoria , as Peugeots were pretty thin on the ground here - & anyway (many people thought) it was a Holden because it had a lion on the grille!?!

My current pug was an Ebay acquisition - bought from a 'nice' young lad from Sydney :evil: . It didn't quite live up to the pictures , came with a stuffed engine , stuffed interior - you live & learn!

The moral of the story ; Don't try to relive the dream!

Cheers , Grant

Hi Dish , quarantine is not an issue so long as the critters are dead , & preserved in naphthalene flakes or similar to prevent mites etc..

Every time I get back to Oz , it's the same procedure - first customs guy , then he gets his superior , then after a bit of head scratching they call the AQIS guy , who invariably knows zip , so his boss gets called in . I just smile & agree with whatever they say - & then I'm on my way.

It is getting more painful these days , as with Border security programs , every customs employee thinks they're stars!

Cheers , Grant

Welcome from another former 205 GTi owner :D

Congrats on putting your 205 back together successfully! Were there any extra bolts/screws left over? :lol:

I'm sure the 205 is helping, at least a little, to quell your impatience at having to wait for the RS250.

It is getting more painful these days , as with Border security programs , every customs employee thinks they're stars!

Sadly...that is one of the funniest things i've heard in a while :rofl:

"oh oh, the cameras are rolling...better step it up. Excuse me sir, could you come over here. No the gloves are pre-warmed" :booty:

WOLF avoids travel.