New Sydney 182 cup owner

crooosh

Hey Guys,

My name is Christopher, I've just taken ownership of my very own Renault Sport Clio 182. Its a 2005 Ph III, Its metallic blue & 88k on the clock. I live in South Windsor, NSW but I work in The Hills

I'm not so much looking to modify it at the moment - just trying to fix a few things that are annoying me like scratches, passenger seat problem (Read my other posts)

Thinking back now I might have rushed into the sale a bit. The car didn't come with a log book or manual which is making me feel a bit uneasy. I'm thinking I should book in to see Paul V just to give the car a check over to make sure everything is in order. Also the guy said belts service is at 100k, is this right? I think I've read it was at 60k somewhere here.

Also this is my first manual car too (I just got my green P's & got my license in an AUTO). Im slowly trying to teach myself & it's coming along quite good. Already I'm having so much fun driving this car! I need to learn fairly quick so I can drive it to Paul V haha.

I've been reading up on this forum for a little while now & this forum is pretty much the reason I decided to purchase one of these lovely cars. This place is awesome & I look forward to getting to know you guys :)

Chris

hi Chris,

welcome to the renaultsport fold! The 182 Cup is an awesome package once you get on the right type of roads, otherwise its happy to fulfill its duty as a ordinary hatch for day to day activities.

The F4r engine is fairly high compression that's the reason for making sure that servicing intervals 60k for aux belts and 100k/4 years for timing belts are a necessary evil.

Hope to see you in one of the OZRS events!

Welcome! Great colour choice :wink:

Enjoy the forum!

Welcome aboard and a nice way to start the manual lessons.

Agree with the above, servicing these cars right is paramount... so i would agree with you idea of taking it to Paul V asap for a good once over.

Depending on his recommendation of when and what needs to be done, i can more than help you save on the crucial cash needed for genuine parts. So less worries there.

Good luck, hope it's tight as a drum... but look after it, yeah?

Cheers,

WOLF

Thanks guys & thanks Wolf!

Just a quick update, I'm loving driving the car and I'm getting used to manual pretty quickly! (still a few stalls here and there ha ha). Still not sure how I go about fixing some of the scratches, but hopefully I can rectify that soon. I will be calling Paul V in the coming weeks for a once over :)

& Wolf don't worry I will be looking after it as if it was a new born baby HA HA.

Cheers

Pretty shattered, just found out that it doesn't have the original engine in it.

The same guy is selling a smashed clio on eBay with no engine under a different name (same mobile number)

Im definitely regretting buying it now, he seemed dodgy and I should have listening to my instincts.

I much rather would have bought coopers clio, less kms, cheaper & I know it has been taken care of.

Need to take the to Paul ASAP to make sure everything is okay, calling him first thing tomorrow.

Tell me everything will be okay?

As long as it was done pro u should be fine :) dnt worry too much as yet, as long as Paul says it's running in top condition you should be happy :) it will still have that Clio soul that makes the car such a joy to own...

As long as it was done pro u should be fine :) dnt worry too much as yet, as long as Paul says it's running in top condition you should be happy :) it will still have that Clio soul that makes the car such a joy to own...

Thanks - I hope so man.

How did you find out? Just by reading the ebay sale?

Another forum member actually picked up on it.

Bit angry to say the least.

Big bummer, second hand can suck. Good luck getting your car sorted.

Hopefully Paul V will either do his magic or suggest, dare I say it, another option.

Hopefully mate, I'm gonna be stressing out hard until then.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys

Had it looked at by Paul V(what a great mechanic) last week, he had a very thorough look at it.

Not great news by any mean BUT not the worst either I don't think.

Things Paul outlined:

- Oil leak at cam cover

- Minor oil weep at engine sump flange

- Battery is to big

- Exhaust rattle - worn front exhaust flange/seal coupling

- Oil leak at gearbox at gearbox/casing flange

- Both front suspension ball joints worn

- Coolant staining at thermostat housing

That was about it, it is coming close to its belts service aswell so I need to do that sooner rather than later.

So pretty dispointing news but now i just want to get everything sorted and fixed.

I'll have to find out what parts I'll need for everything and hit up Wolf to see if he can save me some cash, as cash is pretty tight at the moment.

If anyway has any advice for me I'm all ears.

Cheers

The only advice I have, is keep doing what you're doing. If you're concerned about the maintenance, a full fluid change (oil, coolant, brake, power steering and anything elase that falls to hand) may be worth the peace of mind.

Mate, Paul will sort it all out for you - it won't be cheap, but will be worth it. He may have some of the parts there already too. Hit Wolf up for the rest and he'll look after you 8)

Get it right first time I say - that'll give you peace of mind for the future.

The only advice I have, is keep doing what you're doing. If you're concerned about the maintenance, a full fluid change (oil, coolant, brake, power steering and anything elase that falls to hand) may be worth the peace of mind.

Thanks mate, thats a good idea.

Mate, Paul will sort it all out for you - it won't be cheap, but will be worth it. He may have some of the parts there already too. Hit Wolf up for the rest and he'll look after you 8)

Get it right first time I say - that'll give you peace of mind for the future.

Yeah mate your definitely right. I'm going to get everything right & sorted. Then show it all the love it should of had with the previous owner.