Clio v6

ClioV6

Hi All

My first visit ...

Anyway ... I was after a Clio sport 182 instrument cluster for my Clio v6. The UK dash has mph and kph, the mph is very clear, but the kph is red and hard to read ( at speed)

hoping some one here knows of a 182 being wrecked or broken up .... just need the instrument cluster ....

talk to you all more soon

Doyle ....

Welcome Doyle. 60 is OK and 65 too quick at 100kph. We've an old R16 in the household and it has dual markings too, with the metric being the more difficult to read.

I know there's a 172 being broken in Melbourne at the moment, and maybe 1 or 2 in Canberra (evilb66) if that's any help. I don't recall much difference between the ph2 and 3 dash facias, so they might do?

Hi griffyn

thanks for the quick reply ...

talk soon

Doyle

Hi ...

Just thinking out loud .... who in Melb could look after my Clio V6 ?

Need someone who knows the car well ...

thanks in advance

Doyle

Welcome! Did you buy the car from Adelaide or did you import this yourself?

Hi ...

Just thinking out loud .... who in Melb could look after my Clio V6 ?

Need someone who knows the car well ...

Hmmm... Noone in Australia knows the car, let alone well!Take it to a Renault dealership & see what they can do :lol:

Welcome to the Site Doyle,

Always like seeing this model...even in a little avatar.

I can only hope i'm lucky enough to catch a glimpse when i'm down in Melbourne in about 2 weeks.

You wouldn't be heading to Phillip Island around then by chance?

Anyway, good luck with the search...

and let me know if you're hunting for any new parts for your beast... truly happy to help in any way.

Cheers,

WOLF

believe mechanic at main nth renault in adelaide knows them very well, previously worked renault uk. drive over for big services due!

Hi ..... yes heard about the SA Renault dealer ... the original owner of this V6 has had work done there ( the dreaded cam belts)

Yes, is the SA car .... I was looking at private import through a friend ... long story ... but it all seemed too hard in the end ... it was going to be a Lunar Grey V6 ....PH2 of course ... oh well ..

I know of a silver Ph1 on its way to Sydney as an import as well ... but really wanted the ph 2 ...

Car is not in Melb with me yet ... as I travel a lot .... soon ... very soon ..

talk to you all soon

Doyle

G

Welcome and Congratulations on the purchase :)

Just make sure you take adequate precautions... like a vasectomy!

This car has the unfortunate nickname of "The Babymaker".

I can recommend 2 places in Melbourne with knowledge of these cars.

Alpine Affaire in Ringwood, and Rennosport in Blackburn. I can send contact details in a PM if you would like.

Hi

Info on these places please .... I think I know alpine affair as I spoke to them a few years agp about a A610 Alpine .... nice car ..burgundy ... anyone here have that car ??

Doyle

I can recommend 2 places in Melbourne with knowledge of these cars.

Alpine Affaire in Ringwood, and Rennosport in Blackburn. I can send contact details in a PM if you would like.

Hi

Info on these places please .... I think I know alpine affair as I spoke to them a few years agp about a A610 Alpine .... nice car ..burgundy ... anyone here have that car ??

Doyle

Hey Doyle I know the A610 your talking about. I don't own it, but there is a guy in the QLD Renault Club up here that owns it. Its in really good nik!

He used to also own a RHD R5 Turbo II. That now lives in SA somewhere.

Nice work with the v6 !!

Yes, is the SA car .... I was looking at private import through a friend ... long story ... but it all seemed too hard in the end ... it was going to be a Lunar Grey V6 ....PH2 of course ... oh well ..

I know of a silver Ph1 on its way to Sydney as an import as well ... but really wanted the ph 2 ...

Nice work! Pleased to see that the car has found a new home and the crowd on here might have the pleasure of enjoying it too. The Phase 1 that you mention is on the boards here as well. His car is due in Sydney in around a week or so.

Hi Clio V6. I'd also recommend AutoParis in Melbourne as well. Depeche Mode is the forum name of the bloke who owns the shop. He also knows his stuff well. He's always got some form of rs Clio in there he is rebuilding. There's no doubt in my mind he knows his stuff. He also rebuilt GFK's 182 from write off as well as his own and a few others. He's very good, having owned renaults since he was about 6 year old!