Nowra based Noob

Octave

G'day from Nowra - I've been a member for ages but preferred lurking early in the piece. Had my RSC 182 for 4 years now and wonder how anything is ever going to match it, even totally stock it's so much fun to drive.

Previously I lived in Bathurst and Canberra. It was always a hoot watching the bigger capacity cars get their backsides handed to them by better machines at Mt P, and as such Renaults have always made me smirk.

Cheers,

Octave

Welcome!! Good to see some members out of the major cities!!

Pics of your Renaults??

WELCOME mate..... AND good to see you came out of the closet after 4 years :wink:

"You wonder how anything is going to match it?", maybee then new Clio 197 or the Clio 200 :) you know you want one....

"1976 Renault 12 Wagon - Liquid Amber --> 565,000Km and still going strong!"

^^^^^^^ ARE YOU SERIOUS

"1976 Renault 12 Wagon - Liquid Amber --> 565,000Km and still going strong!"

^^^^^^^ ARE YOU SERIOUS

If it has lasted that long, obviously you've never spent any time behind the wheel :mrgreen:

Cheers for the warm welcomes, nice to play out in the light!

Ahh yes, Sprung! I've been a long time lurker and researcher. As I've gone back to school I've finally a few hours with regular internet access.

Working on a couple of nice photos - the 12 wagon is indeed on the original engine; having an automotive engineer in the house and highly adjustable ignition timing on the Pumpkin Racer meant every last of those few ponies were available. Used to happily cart me to Uni and home loaded to the gunnells without squirming. Fitted her with a larger radiator and a number of re-engineered heat management parts which left her pretty much bullet proof around town on hot days or lugging up hills. The cushy suspension was the biz - anyone pulled the springs out of the front of a 12? They are HUGE! I remember we had to buy threaded rod to build a makesh*t comressor to get the buggers back in. Ahh, a well spent youth...

Oh, and as for wanting a RSC 197/200 - I'd love one, but my sights are set on trying out a RS Megane 250 ( :hail: ) if and when it eventually lands here. I'm pretty tactile so it's always a decision made by the lower brain when sitting in the cockpit rather than from the outside. (This is perhaps why I have deliberately NOT tested the 197... yet :( )

But until a change happens, the PE2's and BP Ultimate will continue to be chewed with a grin.

Hails to the Clio clan, vive la petit missles!