New member here!

Grippy Tyres

Back to the search...

Could I please ask the forum gurus for some assistance with my search for a megane Cup, my knowledge is limited at this stage on Meganes.

1. What are the obvious physical differences between a 225 and 225 Cup?

2. Does the Cup come with drilled front rotors?

3. Did the Cup come with all leather seats or was this optional?

4. Were do I find the Car I.D plate with all the vehicle specs to check authenticity, I have not noticed this under the bonnet on one I have looked at?

5. Were the the silver spoke mag wheels optional on all 225's and Cups? or only released on the Cup models?

6. Do Cup's have a traction control or ESP button that can be switched on or off?

7. Why are there 2 types of front spoilers on meganes, is one off the pre 2006 model and the other the later?

8. Why do some meganes have silver wing mirrors and others are colour coded to the body?

9. The megane I looked at had all leather seats and a single CD unit and also a 6 stacker cd unit, is this a LX or luxury model?

The vehicle I looked at on the weekend is being sold by a third party and at this stage the log books are not with the vehicle, I have requested these prior to making any commitment to purchase.

Any assistance from members with my quest for ownership of a Cup would be greatly appreciated and sorry for all my questions.

Cheers

Adam (Brisbane)

Back to the search...

Could I please ask the forum gurus for some assistance with my search for a megane Cup, my knowledge is limited at this stage on Meganes.

1. What are the obvious physical differences between a 225 and 225 Cup? Depends if you are talking about a Ph1 or Ph2 ... Ph2 has the new front an new rear lights.

2. Does the Cup come with drilled front rotors? Yes all Cups inc Ph1 come with drilled rotors

3. Did the Cup come with all leather seats or was this optional? Ph1 came with a mix of Leather & cloth iners ..Ph 2 came with full leather

4. Were do I find the Car I.D plate with all the vehicle specs to check authenticity, I have not noticed this under the bonnet on one I have looked at? No id plate as such ... if your talking about the build date thats on the piller between the drivers an rear passengers door

5. Were the the silver spoke mag wheels optional on all 225's and Cups? or only released on the Cup models? Silver wheels where never std on a Cup model ... they are the darker wheels .Silver is Std on the normal 225 3 door an Ph1 5 doors

6. Do Cup's have a traction control or ESP button that can be switched on or off? Yes from Ph1 cup that was one of the important changes to the cup version

7. Why are there 2 types of front spoilers on meganes, is one off the pre 2006 model and the other the later? New face came in 2006 ...

8. Why do some meganes have silver wing mirrors and others are colour coded to the body? Depends on model ... i think the 2006 versions in cup form came with the silvery ones ..

9. The megane I looked at had all leather seats and a single CD unit and also a 6 stacker cd unit, is this a LX or luxury model? If its a Ph1 i would have had the twin sun roof's as well .. they were known as a LX model. I think the one you looked at was a ph2 cup ?

The vehicle I looked at on the weekend is being sold by a third party and at this stage the log books are not with the vehicle, I have requested these prior to making any commitment to purchase.

Any assistance from members with my quest for ownership of a Cup would be greatly appreciated and sorry for all my questions.

Cheers

Adam (Brisbane)

Hey Adam welcome ... mate i have answered some of your questions in red. I have had a Ph1 Cup an now a R26. Some of the guys who have a ph2 cup could answer most of your questions. One thing to look out for is the engine mounts .... they go an the car feels like its got rough idle ... other than that they are very good. If it were me an it was within your budget i would go for a 225 Cup in Ph2... they are fantastic.

Welcome again mate .. i just bought a new Renault Scenic from Bryan Byrt Reanult in Mt Gravat ...they had a few 225's for sale an even had a Blue F1 ...very nice. They were a limited Ed version only 30 in blue with black wheels an cloth inside but super cool. Talk to the boys there very very keen to make a sale. Talk to a guy called Senior ... great guy. Tell him you are a member of the forum an Dominic sent you.

Well good luck on the search .. post any questions you have in the Meg section any time mate.

Dom

4. Were do I find the Car I.D plate with all the vehicle specs to check authenticity, I have not noticed this under the bonnet on one I have looked at? No id plate as such ... if your talking about the build date thats on the piller between the drivers an rear passengers door

It's somewhere in the boot - close to the spare wheel. Look closely Dom :wink:

Welcome - Hope you find a Cup soon!

Good Luck with your search Mr Grippy !! Lets hope life finds you in a 225 soon.

If the car you are interested in is listed on line, post up a link, and I am sure the regular members of the forum will give you an honest review / opinion.

If not, keep asking questions, as folks around here are happy to answer.

Cheers - Dave.

Hi Grippy,

Hope you find what u want, and that it lives up to your expectations. If u find something by the 5th of July, check out the social events thread (Brisbane) and come along.

Good luck.

1. What are the obvious physical differences between a 225 and 225 Cup?

Wheels. Cups are anthracite. Non-cups are silver.

7. Why are there 2 types of front spoilers on meganes, is one off the pre 2006 model and the other the later?

You mean front bumpers?? If so, there's the phase I and phase II. Phase I has more pronounced foglights & phase II has a slantier grille.

Good luck with your search & enjoy the forum!

Alex