when can i get my name back!

MR PEA

as above... the forums have been updated for a while now

surely their is a fix for this issue..

I also know that this is a non profit site and that it would cause some one to spend a few hours on it..

it would be nice to be able to use my old user name instead of my current "_new" one...

Reason for the "new" suffix was so that we would not cause any conflict with posts that may possibly be retreived from the corrupted database. Sorry mate, please bear with us. This updated forum software also allows us to merge posts between usernames, so once your old membership is revived, all your new posts can be combined... just need to be able to get an SQL expert to look at the SQL table to ensure that all the data is still there.

• 2 weeks later...

Good News, the old posts are still in the Database.

I was a bit bored and thought I'd see if the posts were still lurking in the SQL database by using the search function. I've played about with it and have found a few of ClioF1's posts (searching for subframe issue), and even a few of mine.

Here's an example. A easy search for "Saab Turbo" (cause I knew there would be posts from me).

search.php?keywords=Saab+Turbo&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search

You'll notice there are posts but with by bit blank. I've currently set myself up with a test forum and am playing round with that to see how easy it will be to restore all the user's posts. At the moment it looks as easy as manually creating the original users in the back end. However not having access to the OzRS forum database means I'm not 100% sure that's the problem.

I know I was logged in during the "translation" between versions, and am wondering if the tables/records needed to be dropped to proceed at some point, if so they may still be present, just not referenced?

(please note I am not using correct jargon, but my closest understanding of what they are)

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...