what could i do that would improve the peformance of the 182

emu

im looking to improve the peformance on mi 182 but i dont no what parts to buy that would get the most out of the thing.

At the very least, make sure you hit Renault up for the performance driving course they advertise here with the purchase of every new RS Megane and Clio. Ring Cathy on the 1800 009 008 number and let her know you're waiting for your course.

The other thing is, get plenty of high speed country road miles on it. I just did Perth-Kalgoorlie return (1600km) and I was not hanging around. The engine was noticeably free-er and more willing to rev after that.

Mate I would hit the search button at the top of the page.

Before you do any mods, wait at least until the 10k service. My engine has taken that long to open up. Its a different car handling wise also.

Mate I would hit the search button at the top of the page.

Before you do any mods, wait at least until the 10k service. My engine has taken that long to open up. Its a different car handling wise also.

I agree :lol:

Apart from the engine taking about 10-12,000km to open up, I noticed the gearbox took about 15,000km to really loosen up (in a good way!)

Welcome emu - we haven't had many folks from SA sign up.Please search the threads here (there's a "Search" button up the top there somewhere) as just about all of the usual topics have already been covered in some detail.

Do a search, read ALL the posts on here - there aren't that many.. I read them all already .. and you will realise that u dont need to "performance modify" your RCS ..

it is good from stock and after reading numerous posts, the cost of most RCS performance mods dont justify their purchase... unless you boost it!!

enjoy your car as it is - not many stock cars will provide you with so much driving pleasure

enjoy your car as it is - not many stock cars will provide you

with so much driving pleasure

I agree with Les. The RSClio is way more fun than any other car I've driven

and more power doesn't mean more fun.

Compete mate, get into autokhanas, go to lap days etc and enjoy

everything this little beasty has to offer! :D

Cheers, :D

Power Mods:

Induction:

PiperX Viper Induction / BMC CDA / Green Airfilter in standard airbox / Relocate Battery, new filter in bloody great airbox.

ECU:

Rsport ECU / Superchips Remap / Omex Standalone / Motec if you have the £££

Exhaust:

SuperSprint

Camshafts:

Piper Re-Grinds (cheap)

Schrick Camshafts (££££££)

Headwork

Inlet & Exhaust Manifold matching

Other Mods that are more important than power:

Weight - strip the car of anything un-necessary

Brakes - improve brakes before getting more juice

Suspension - corner quicker - you then won't need more power to catch up...

:wink:

/y0z

Search through earlier posts you will soon find out what little mods there are for the RCS arent exactly without compromise or even convincing results. I think many of us have researched this area.

My conclusion is that the RCS is about as good as it gets for what it is built to do. ie eating up corners with ease. spend some more time with your car Ive had mine for a while now & still has the grin factor stock standard

emu, you have not bought a WRX. This isn't a case of crank up the boost and watch it go.. you bought a 2l NA engine that is putting out 182bhp without revving to 9k.

If you want more out of the car, well... i'd do brakes, suspension, and all those little plastic bits add up... take them out.

Air con wieghs quite a bit, radio is heavy, CD stacker,

drive the car, wait for it to open up and then if you still think it needs more, be prepared to pay quite a bit for any improvments, and don't get your heart set on anything big...

good luck,

ringo

emu, you have not bought a WRX. This isn't a case of crank up the boost and watch it go.. you bought a 2l NA engine that is putting out 182bhp without revving to 9k.

If you want more out of the car, well... i'd do brakes, suspension, and all those little ([y0z] AND BIG) plastic bits add up... take them out.

Air con wieghs quite a bit, radio is heavy, CD stacker,

drive the car, wait for it to open up and then if you still think it needs more, be prepared to pay quite a bit for any improvments, and don't get your heart set on anything big...

good luck,

ringo

someone with his head screwed on.

:lol:

/y0z

You haven't met ringo!

OI !!!

i'm a guy with his head screwed on very well... granted it might be backwards sometimes, but this is fashionable - it goes with the baseball cap!

sometimes my head is also just plainly screwed, but coffee usually fixes that...

and who are you to be judging how my head is screwed on, I happen to agree with y0z2a... now, what happened to Citroen bashing!

:)

ringo