another new one from Canberra

BruceS

ahh ok, so more detail is what you're after.

it's a non cup five door, LX. full leather, panoramic sunroof, silvery bluey, no mods.

previoulsy owned by Victoria Police - anybody know what they used them for?

used to have an '04 307 Touring Pug, which was great for lugging around baby gear for a while. But now both girls are over the whole prams and cots and excess baggage thing - and the 307 was a total lemon, soooo much warranty and after warranty work - so it's time to get back my stolen years.

I was never going to convince the wife of a NEW 225 so I was pretty stoked to find a good 2nd hand one with only 45K km in Canberra.

was offered a low mileage sports exhaust for it just recently, but I like the fact that it doesn't sound like a 2L Turbo - makes the doof doof boys even more surprised when I pass them.

previoulsy owned by Victoria Police - anybody know what they used them for?

I believe they were used to patrol the (illegal) red light district in St. Kilda. The Meggy's butt in that environment acts like camouflage, you see.

:mrgreen:

Welcome to the forum. How long have you had the R12 for? I had a crazy uncle in Sri Lanka who used to own one, and have always loved them.

I've had my R12 since 2002, but my first contact with the R12 was when my sister and her husband bought an ex-demo one in 1973? I think it was '73. (Apparently they very nearly bought a Volvo 440 until the dealer came back with a better price on the 12)

We've had now had six R12s just between myself and two sisters.

I paid $350 for mine and it hasn't failed me once, although it is need of new drive shafts now.

I believe they were used to patrol the (illegal) red light district in St. Kilda. The Meggy's butt in that environment acts like camouflage, you see.

is this bit actually true?

I hope it is, the Megane is a bit of a pimp car - especially with the gun and drug compartments under the front floor.

is this bit actually true?

I hope it is, the Megane is a bit of a pimp car - especially with the gun and drug compartments under the front floor.

LOL, no I just made it up. But chances are your car was an undercover car - so who knows what it got upto in its previous life. :)