Hi to all RS member

KEYIO

Finally get the register done.

My name is kEY, and got the RSC from Ravi (people from Adelaide should know) in this Feb.

Great fun with the clio. Recently got the stripe in Melbourne.

Hope to you guys around.

m154901212.jpg

m154901235.jpg

Key, welcome to the forum mate I have meet Jay and I love the fact that you guys have opted to fly the French flag rather than JDM 8)

Are you coming to the national meet this year?

Enjoy your stay :P

Welcome mate.

I think we met at one of the SA meets a couple of months ago. Hope to see you again at the next

ps falls greek?

Key, welcome to the forum mate I have meet Jay and I love the fact that you guys have opted to fly the French flag rather than JDM 8)

yea, may be, where will it be this year??

Hi Key - good to see you have your own login now :) Hope Rav's old Renault is treating you well.

Never did get you the job at the ACC! So you are back in Melb then :)

Cheers

Yea, finally the account get activated. It does treats me well.

My fd changed his mind to work in other property, I'm sorry about that. By the way, I will go back Adelaide in next Jan anyway. Let's meet next year in Adelaide XD!!

Welcome mate.

I think we met at one of the SA meets a couple of months ago. Hope to see you again at the next

ps falls greek?

yea, we did met at one of the SA meet. I will correct the signature then-~- it should be falls creek.

yea, may be, where will it be this year??

Hey mate I have heard dates and locations but I was sworn to secrecy, I will wait for the admins to announce should be any day now :)

Be great to have as many new members as possible 8)

Love that photo covered in snow. Welcome to the forum. If you can drive as well as Jay, you'll be doing the RSC proud. Cheers!

I think my driving should not be too much worse than Jay :lol:

I had actually met you guys last year on the National meeting in Winton. I drove a Silver Honda DC5R with Jay. Remeber XD??

yes, i sure am horrified by the picture, but glad to see that it is being used and enjoyed as it should be (whatever altitude).

welcome aboard (finally) Key! come back to adelaide and don't let the convicts keep you there!

cheerio

ravi

Keyio

Welcome aboard mate. Nice car. Actually had the pleasure of watching BNN race that car at malala. And he done quite well with it. Looks quite diffrent now with the stock wheels and stripes hehe. It was immaculate last time I saw it and im sure it still is.

Got a question for you. You said you used to own a Honda Type R DC5R. They were and are a great car in their own right. How do you compare the two ? Can you give us a run down ?

Matteo whats with the 'Falls Greek' ? :lol: Are we missing something here ?

Cheers

Steve

Got a question for you. You said you used to own a Honda Type R DC5R. They were and are a great car in their own right. How do you compare the two ? Can you give us a run down ?

I'd be really interested to hear your thoughts on this comparo too!

I haven't been on the track with clio yet, but um.. I reckon DC5 is more easy to loss grip on the rear tyre. I don't know if it is because of the rear sway bar or not. And I can't use heel toe fluently when I just got the clio as the throttle panel is lower than the brake.

There is no problem now.

8) It's an interesting thing, but I found heel-toe easier to do in the Clio than other cars, as when I'm on the brake my feet are pretty much level with the loud pedal.

Love that photo covered in snow. Welcome to the forum. If you can drive as well as Jay, you'll be doing the RSC proud. Cheers!

I think my driving should not be too much worse than Jay :lol:

I had actually met you guys last year on the National meeting in Winton. I drove a Silver Honda DC5R with Jay. Remeber XD??

Ok then we have meet I think, G'day again :)

There is no problem now.

8) It's an interesting thing, but I found heel-toe easier to do in the Clio than other cars, as when I'm on the brake my feet are pretty much level with the loud pedal.

Is it? May be because you got more experience. In my experience, I could do heel-toe fluently in two weeks when I got my first MT car which was the DC5R. I think JDM car is easier to do the heel-toe. But, yea..just my own opinion.

finally.... you registered

where is my car?....... these pics just show u and jay!?

Haha...no worries!! If this weekend is shiny, should be the day to take photo for our cliosss!!

Please don't rain this weekend ""Fingercross""

I think yours looks too good to be in photos with theirs :wink::P

Ya!! U right maybe!! :wink: Benny wash his 182 every 2 days (Interior & Exterior)!!

But ours 172 just wash once a week :lol: Lazy...!!

Tat's the only reason his BO looks too good to us..otherwise we're same, no one is too good or too bad..Haha!! :lol:

anyway, He just waiting for us to clean and we will take our new sexy pics!! :twisted:

Keyio

Can you give us a detailed analysis of how the DC5R compares with the Clio Sport ? e.g track performance, economy, ride, running costs ? or anything you might like to add.

Im sure alot of people on this forum would like to hear your point of view. Id personally love to hear or read it.

Cheers

Steve

Keyio

Can you give us a detailed analysis of how the DC5R compares with the Clio Sport ? e.g track performance, economy, ride, running costs ? or anything you might like to add.

Im sure alot of people on this forum would like to hear your point of view. Id personally love to hear or read it.

Cheers

Steve

Alright, obviously DC5R is more expensive than 172. (similar with 182 cup). The rear sway bar and front sturt bar come with stock car. And DC5 is actually running timing chain which can save much money for changing the timing belt. I reckon the suspension of stock DC5R is harder than 182 cup. And for sure, the parts for DC5R are plenty of choice and cheaper than Clio. The steering wheel in DC5 is actually not much smaller than Clio, but the feeling is more confortable than Clio. But the stock CD player in DC5R is really sh*t. (I reckon the CR-V has the same CD-player as well, same sh*t). What I reckon is, the potential of modifying DC5R is much more than Clio. And the cost is also cheaper.

I used to run about 500km for a tank, which I reckon CLio is doing quite well on the petrol usage. (It is based on daily drive only, not = long way trip) To be honest, I haven't finished a tank of petrol with Clio. And I think there might be a problem with my Clio, I can only fill in 40L, but it shows there is 51L inside, may get it to check sometimes.

I did discussed with the other DC5R owner before about the start of DC5R. I dragged with Jay before, and I reckon Clio is faster at the first 2 gear (there was a FTO with lots of modification lose also.) I think it is probably the car weight?

As I mentioned in the previous post, the foot space is more spacious than the clio. Many of my fds said it is very easy to drive. The clutch and the pedal height. The 3 pedals are at the same height. Jay can do heel-toe fluently when he first drove my car(DC5R). One of the reason is because most JDM car use wire with the throttle and the clio use an eletrical one.

With the track performance, firstly, I haven't droven the clio on the track, second, I have only been on track twice. So I may not be able to give you a very good analysis for you. And at the day I been on track, that was only my second month of driving MT car. My opinion might not accurate to the actual performance. But I strongly feel that the DC5R is more easy to loss grip at the rear (I was using RE001).

Hope this may help you :mrgreen:

Thanks for the reply Keyio. Appreciate it. You've owned both so your analysis is always repected. Your experience on track may be limited but at least you can say you've been there.

As for the Clio, like you said you've only had it for a short time so it may be too early to give a full analysis.

But from what you've written. You seem to have no regrets. Which is a good thing. Especially coming from such a highly regarded car. Not really a normal step for a DC5R owner to step into a Clio, especially a 172, I thought you may have optioned for the 182 CUP instead.

So what is it that made you decide to sell the Honda for the Clio ?

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for the reply Keyio. Appreciate it. You've owned both so your analysis is always repected. Your experience on track may be limited but at least you can say you've been there.

As for the Clio, like you said you've only had it for a short time so it may be too early to give a full analysis.

But from what you've written. You seem to have no regrets. Which is a good thing. Especially coming from such a highly regarded car. Not really a normal step for a DC5R owner to step into a Clio, especially a 172, I thought you may have optioned for the 182 CUP instead.

So what is it that made you decide to sell the Honda for the Clio ?

Cheers

Steve

Thanks for that. The main reason is due to my financial condition was tight at that moment. I was thinking to get a civic or something else before, but finally got the Clio. As you know there are 2 more RSC in my house, I had droven Jay's car for about a month. The performance exceeded my expectation. And I feel like driving clio is more high class than driving a civic (EG,EK):lol: And of course, the price is reasonable to get this hot hatch :twisted:

2 more Clio's in the house ???

No wonder :lol:

172's Im guessing ? Well once again congrats mate. You are surely 3 fold a worthy member here. If you ever get around to tracking the wee beast, don't forget to give us a review :wink:

Cheers

Steve