Window tinting opinions

les

I had a 15% tint on my last car for about 3 years. It was lowered, exhaust, wheels, i was pulled over many times for RBT's, once for speeding :x , and a couple time into a defect bay and it was never spotted and never defected for anything...

I say go for the darkerst you can get, i would get the 15% on the clio again if i didnt already have tint on it, but i will say this, 15% is very dark, it will take some getting used to, during the day it is fine but at night it can be a worry, in dark streets i had to wind my window down when pulling out of intersections so i could see out of it!

My old beast with 15% tints, this is on a sunny day even with the massive rear window you can hardly see in

side.JPG

ok...

legal tint - get warranty and receipt

illegal tint - no warranty, no receipt

getting my drift here ? if someone gets a darker rear and gets warranty and receipt, and car gets defected, the tinter will be responsible as he has sold u a defective product (if u want to call it that), and will have to remove and put legal tint on it

tit for tat yes im responsible, but that is how "tinting works" ..

having said that - im not too fussed with legality issues as i had a car with 15% tint and never got defected... (BUT ALSO MADE IT DAMM HARD TO DRIVE AT NIGHT !!!!! Shocked )

just wanna see opinions on whether a darker rear will look good or silly - thats all

darker than 35% is legal if you own a commercial vehicle such as a ute, van or possibly even station wagon.

and yeah at the end of the day, you get busted, your problem, not the tinter!

The no warranty and no receipt is just the tinter trying to get out of any liability, but at the end of the day the OWNER is responsible for roadworthiness.

I wouldn't go the darkest you can get because that would mean 5% like on my mate's Subaru wagon and its wayyy too dark.

It is legal to get darker tinting at the back I believe, many people do it on station wagons but i'm not sure of the regs with a hatch.

In Victoria they only look at the driver and front passenger windows.

Pretty much ALL tint is illegal anyway. It's just not enforced unless you cant see through the window. I have been done for this before, VIC Roads showed me a sample of a legal tint and believe me it looked clear.

I don't know what kind of tint I have, but its more of a mirror tint. Looks wicked and I think it reflects the sun more.

:)

I got 20% on my black 172 all round, looks great too. I say go for it, never had a problem with police in regards to the tint darkness either.

ClioF1 is right, at the end of the day if YOU get defected for illegal tinit, it's YOUR responsibility to pay and get it changed.

Make sure you use 3M tint too, it's the best stuff to use by far and any reputable tint place should be using their stuff.

Les,

I don't know how accurate this information is but i've been told if you are driving an unroadworthy car (illegal tint) your insurance will be null and void. From previous experience with insurance companies if they can get out of paying a claim, they will. :x

More of a worry than getting hassled by the cops i think...

Rob

Les,

I don't know how accurate this information is but i've been told if you are driving an unroadworthy car (illegal tint) your insurance will be null and void. From previous experience with insurance companies if they can get out of paying a claim, they will. :x

More of a worry than getting hassled by the cops i think...

Rob

from personal experience i believe this is incorrect.... well atleast aami didnt hassle me over it...

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

I just sold my Eunos 30X and am seriously looking into getting the RSC Cup F1, so i'm basically doing some homework!

Anyway (to get to the point) I had 70% tint on the back window of my 30X and 50% on the sides.

Being a dark car, it looked great, however dont recommend the 70% u cant see crap at night - luckily the 30X has a a bottom window u can see out of that doesnt get tinted.

A 50% tint would be borderline at night, a 30% to 40% would be perfect IMO.

Cheers..

Hey guys,

I just sold my Eunos 30X and am seriously looking into getting the RSC Cup F1, so i'm basically doing some homework!

Anyway (to get to the point) I had 70% tint on the back window of my 30X and 50% on the sides.

Being a dark car, it looked great, however dont recommend the 70% u cant see crap at night - luckily the 30X has a a bottom window u can see out of that doesnt get tinted.

A 50% tint would be borderline at night, a 30% to 40% would be perfect IMO.

Hope you find a F1 RSC, dunno if your gonna find one coz they just new.

But goodluck!

Cheers..

Hope you find a F1 RSC, dunno if your gonna find one coz they just new.

But goodluck!

Cheers..

There is this one......... http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1020

http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1019

and this one http://www.ozrenaultsport.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=961

He said he was looking for an F1 edition, so hopefully Domo's one is still for sale.

The other one is just a Cup.