Hello World

shoot goal

I have been lurking the forum for a couple of weeks or so, thought I should say Hi.

I have this month bought my first clio - a flame red 172, with just 42,000 ks.

I love it - its a late series 172 (ie clear turning indicators) has all the usual goodies (except cruise control) and I'm frankly stunned at how hard it goes and how tenacious is its roadholding.

The only thing I need to get used too is the clutch and it's on or off nature - great when on the move - has been embarassing in city traffic (ie stalls!)

I'll post pics soon... (organise an avatar etc. etc)

I'm in Bentleigh area (Melbourne) see you around...

Welcome!

The 172 clutch can be difficult but you'll get used to it :wink:

Alex

Welcome and enjoy. You get used to the clutch but the car is about involvement. Can go for 6 months and congratulate oneself for mastering the clutch and then have a lapse (or become sloppy) and stall it at the lights!

Thats the 172 telling you not to take it for granted.

Thanks people :)

Re the clutch - yeah a bit different... is it more refined in the 182?

Welcome. I had many clutch moments in my 172 as well. The 182 was a lot different though, and I believe some people have had a 182 clutch fitted to a 172 when the time came.

I think it adds character though. Enjoy the car :)

• 2 months later...

I did mention extended warranty didnt I! Well I needed it today as I had the dreaded two start problem turn into the no start problem. She's off to the mechanics.

Apart from that I just love driving it. Clutch is mostly mastered, quick starts off the line are still hit and miss at times with a fist full of revs more than I need :(

One thing that I have noticed is how my Clio seems to bring out the worst in people :wink: - have you guys noticed this scenario... A rapid (but not full on, mental chirping ) take off and its race on and cut in from almost anyone driving falcodores to various Japanese 'sports' cars.

The only time I took the bait and responded, well it was a BMW 3 series, the look when I overtook was priceless! Its was WTF! what is that? Like I said I love it!

One thing that I have noticed is how my Clio seems to bring out the worst in people :wink: - have you guys noticed this scenario... A rapid (but not full on, mental chirping ) take off and its race on and cut in from almost anyone driving falcodores to various Japanese 'sports' cars.

Yup. Gives me the biggest grin when I go 'round them 100m down the road too :wink:

Welcome mate! Enjoy your new car. They're great!