New R26 Owner

rank

I am a new Renault owner. Have owned a Peugeot 306 a few years ago which I loved so I have come back to the French way of doing things.

I picked up a yellow R26 yesterday arvo and went for a decent run last night. This car is unbelievable. My previous ride was an MYO2 WRX and have owned an MY00 Audi S3 before that.

This car beats both for handling and comfort hands down. The tricky diff is something I need to get used to.

I'm looking forward to logging on here to share some R26 and Renault expreiences generally over the next few years - I don't think I could ever sell it - it is that good.

Anyone thinking about buying one of the few R26's that are left in the country, do yourself a favour.

Welcome Rank!

Post some piccies & add your location 8)

Glad you're enjoying her so much :mrgreen:

Alex

Welcome to R26 land ... how good are they hey ... i just love driving mine.

So what state are you in ... etc etc etc.

I had a few 306's ..a S16 an my last one was a Gti6 ...both nice cars.

Well enjoy your new toy ...

Dom

PS - dont forget to add your car to the register ... what number ..etc etc etc :wink:

Welcome!

I'm very slowly slowly being converted to the world of R26.

I really would love one! If i could get finances right, and haven't even had the clio for a year!!!

Ah we can dream! Welcome!

Quick bio:

Victory Yellow R26 No. 1483.

Lives: Inner West, Sydney.

2 kids (boy 2 & girl 10mnths), 1 wife who is not keen on the roof stickers (she is hoping for hail tonight resulting in a respray), I love them btw - something different to the same, same crap that all looks the same on the roads.

Things that get under my skin - slow drivers through bends in front of my R26 - rrrgggghhhh.

Keen for drives and any drive days/driver training days.

Welcome Andrew!

Argh, another Inner Westy! I'm in earlwood pretty often, so I'm sure I'll spot you around.

Funnily enough in the Sightings section INOV8 spotted you (his in a Blue 225 Cup) in Dulwich Hill! Seems you two live VERY close by too :wink:

So what was the transition like from the WRX?

There is a drive on December 9th - I'm sure everyone would love have the R26 (and you :wink:) come along!

Steve

Hey Andrew ...nice work mate ...glad to see other dads buying the r26 ! I have a Renault Scenic for the family ... an the R26 for me :wink:

I am like you ...big fan of the stickers on the roof ...My wife did not like them at first but now thinks they look good. They grow on you :wink:

Welcome again, hope to see you on a drive day ... might be able to get a few LY R26's in convoy ...nice nice 8)

Welcome Andrew!

Argh, another Inner Westy! I'm in earlwood pretty often, so I'm sure I'll spot you around.

Funnily enough in the Sightings section INOV8 spotted you (his in a Blue 225 Cup) in Dulwich Hill! Seems you two live VERY close by too :wink:

So what was the transition like from the WRX?

There is a drive on December 9th - I'm sure everyone would love have the R26 (and you :wink:) come along!

Steve

The WRX is no match compared the R26. The build of the Sube is rock-solid, no complaints there (not one prob after nearly 5 years), but that lag and the vague steering - not fun. A Corolla would beat me off if I was in too high a gear.

Hi Rank - good to know there's another R26 prowling around the continent.

Agree wholeheartedly with your comments, the R26 is a sensational. Don't mean to sound like a Yoda (or like a Gonzo) but with time you'll learn much about her (ie exploiting that lsd) then you'll really gel together as one - I reckon the others R26ers will tell you the same

Congratulations!

Matteo

Welcome mate, you keen to come for a night drive next week?

Good to see that the IW is still capital of the Renault Sport 8)

Welcome to the forum

Sounds good Jeffster. Name time, day and place (inner west of course) - anytime after 7:30pm. 200km on the odo and feeling better every day.

Howdy rank......

As usuall, I'm probably the last of the R26 owners to bid you a fine welcome to the forum, but glad to see you here.

As others have said.....get some picts up in the members rides section soon. Also, drop in to the Megane section to chat about what ever is relevant to your FBG !!

And as Dom mentioned, get along to an OZRS social event, hmmm......3 LY R26s......sweet....how about another meet at Hawkesbury.... :wink:

Cheers - Dave.