Hill power elbow

Remus backbox

k-tec racing decat

ITG panel

superchips

Birba racing illum dials

here is a quick vid of my silver bullet

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm12N71zOP8

Hi..that's quick. Couldn't see the tacho needle swing up to the upper end of the tacho..where did it go?

Hi there

After getting new dials fitted it is pretty much impossible to hit the needle till the end of the scale, you will understand better with the picture given below. This new dial set is one off at the moment specifically designed for this car. We pushed the limits a little far in order to see the highest limits of the both velocity and the rpm without the need of the recalibration of the dial.

P.S. Velocity reading is double checked with other RS's.

Here is the one on my car

a2bi7.jpg

Here is the original one

normal_rs1_8.jpg

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

That's a spectalular result with your car, I guess you must have spent a lot on money on it! :shock:

You mentioned that you are Turkish. Are you still located in Turkey?

It's always fantastic to get international members.

As Mase said, if you have time, post some photos of your car!

will post some pics of the engine bay later.

some pics of the cam installation

image028wj2.jpg

std ones

image030ri2.jpg

Colombo's

image032hy1.jpg

Colombo Bariani cams

Camshaft details

Part No. R2R.SM1

Make Renault

Model CLIO 2000 RS

Model with phase variator

Camshafts codes R2R.057.286S (1)

R2R.055.280S (1)

Application Road medium

Cam lift IN 5.7

Cam lift EX 5.5

Duration 286°/280°

Timing 19°-87° / 70°-30°

Timing with phase variator opened 39°-52° / 70°-30°

Lobe center angles 124°

Lobe center angles with phase variator opened 104°/ °

Valve lift TDC 0.5 / 1.2

Valve lift TDC with phase variator opened 3.5 / 1.2

Clearance Hydraulic tappets

[/img]

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

That's a spectalular result with your car, I guess you must have spent a lot on money on it! :shock:

You mentioned that you are Turkish. Are you still located in Turkey?

It's always fantastic to get international members.

As Mase said, if you have time, post some photos of your car!

Hi Yep I am still located in Turkey. RS's are rare in here though :)

Welcome ae525,

That's one quick car you've got there :) We've just been on a BBQ where one of the blokes asked about the next level mod to the cars... Did you come up and the tuning shop with the combination of mods or did you do some research from others in Europe?

Thanks for this nice welcome, Pretty much all the work is mine. Did research and read all the comments from other users and ended up with this one. For some of the parts such as cams it is not very easy (impossible) to find some other users and get their comments on that. The RS's are not commonly and heavily modifiable cars honestly. I could have spent half of my budget for a Honda in order to do similar type of mods. For my car the next level is gonna be either running it on ITB's or get it turbo'ed.

Mmmm... all hail the Phase 1 !!! So how do you manage to pull 118km/h in 2nd when a stock car hits the limiter at around 100? Lots and lots of revs or different gearing? I like the intake hose too. Who makes these for the Phase 1? Oh, and a very warm welcome to the site from a fellow Phase 1 owner. Also a rare car in Australia. Only 85 sold here.

Hi..that's quick. Couldn't see the tacho needle swing up to the upper end of the tacho..where did it go?

Hi there

After getting new dials fitted it is pretty much impossible to hit the needle till the end of the scale, you will understand better with the picture given below. This new dial set is one off at the moment specifically designed for this car. We pushed the limits a little far in order to see the highest limits of the both velocity and the rpm without the need of the recalibration of the dial.

P.S. Velocity reading is double checked with other RS's.

Here is the one on my car

a2bi7.jpg

Here is the original one

normal_rs1_8.jpg

How did you recalibrate the needle positions ?

Mmmm... all hail the Phase 1 !!! So how do you manage to pull 118km/h in 2nd when a stock car hits the limiter at around 100? Lots and lots of revs or different gearing? I like the intake hose too. Who makes these for the Phase 1? Oh, and a very warm welcome to the site from a fellow Phase 1 owner. Also a rare car in Australia. Only 85 sold here.

Hi I do not know the versions in your country but the ones in Europe can easily hit 120 when they are remapped. Never forget MK1 RS has much longer gear ratios than MK2's.

This attached vid is not mine but can give you some idea what an RS can do :)

I can post some more videos from other RS owners if you want.

Best

:shock:

How well do the engines last with that sort of treatment ie raised rev limiter? How stable does the car feel? That is fast my friend! Imagine getting caught doing that here in Aust..you and your extended family would lose their lic. to drive :roll:

And how's the fuel consumption 29.9/ 100 at one stage :shock: never quite got to 30l /100kms

How well do the engines last with that sort of treatment ie raised rev limiter? How stable does the car feel? That is fast my friend! Imagine getting caught doing that here in Aust..you and your extended family would lose their lic. to drive :roll:

And how's the fuel consumption 29.9/ 100 at one stage :shock: never quite got to 30l /100kms

that video is from one of the guys in Greece so honestly have no idea where he hit 240. I posted it only for showing that an RS can hit 120 in 2nd.

that video is from one of the guys in Greece so honestly have no idea where he hit 240. I posted it only for showing that an RS can hit 120 in 2nd.

an RS of one of the guys from cliosport.net hit 8300 rpm with stock internals without any problems but my suggestion is 7800 rpm is more than enough with basic mods since F4R does not produce more power after 6800-7000 rpm even the curve falls down.